User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captcolour View Post
    As discussed in other threads, if you store at a storage facility and someone goes around and pulls all of the break-away switches, then battery dead not to mention any issues with brakes. If you have an electronic leveling system, or an electric tongue jack, then there is no risk of not turning the real disconnect back on before towing, as you can't hook up without the 12V on.
    I suppose that could happen, but unlikely. And the electronic leveling system is wired directly to the battery, so a moot point.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2dogs3 View Post
    I am an ASE Certified master mechanic close to retirement so electrical issues are no problem for me. I just pulled our "NEW" 303RLS out of RV bay to ready for the season and my 12 volt battery was dead. I thought I hit the disconnect when stored so I charged the battery and load tested it thinking it was defective. It load tested fine. After a few minutes of testing I discover the disconnect is not wired to shut off all electrical from the 12v battery. It is only killing one circuit breaker that is separate from the common buss. This is our 3rd RV and on our others when the disconnect is off there is no battery power to anything which make sense. Was not sure if this is correct so I call the dealer and get NO tech help but they would be glad to "put it on the schedule" for inspection/repair and I would have to leave it a few days. 60 miles round trip on a busy interstate, twice, with diesel prices;NOPE! Warranty covered or not if this is not correct I can take care of it.
    So here is the question; Has any other GD owners noticed this condition of the disconnect not wired to shut off everything and would there be a reason for it to be connected that way? Also wondering if anyone has acquired a wiring schematic for a 2022 303RLS?
    As others have mentioned, it's normal and intentional wired that way for safety reasons or CYA for the manufacturer or both. If you search this forum for parasitic draws, you'll see many discussions on this. Easiest solution is either disconnect the battery at the battery terminal when storing or install a true disconnect at the battery. This is what many of us have installed including me https://www.amazon.ca/Blue-Sea-Syste...2622090&sr=8-1

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I rewired ours. With disconnect off, the only 2 things still get power. The emergency break away as that should always be live, and the tongue jack in case the trailer would need to be moved and they don't have access to the disconnect.
    2018 Reflection 315RLTS
    2023 F350 Lariat 6.7L/CC/LB/FX4

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12