User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They do make a glue on version. What I do though is put the handle portion to the right which gives extra weight and force to keep the bayonet fitting trying to tighten on vs loosen. So far no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by trailrydr View Post
    Yup! Just bought one for that purpose. However, don't really like the twist-on fitting all that well - seems like it could come loose. Do most take it off when traveling or make it more permanent somehow (i.e. with adhesive or silicone)?
    Steve & Katey
    Full time since 07/01/2022
    2020 Ford F-350 DRW (5361 payload)
    2024 Solitude 390RK (FBP and Morryde IS from factory)
    2018 Reflection 337RLS (Still got it!)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stvaughn View Post
    I would like to increase the capacity of my shower gray tank by tying it to the kitchen tank. Is that possible or not recommend?
    I tried combining the tanks by opening both gray tanks with the Valtera gate valve closed and it didn't work. Both times the bathroom tank filled up and no water was let into the kitchen tank. Maybe if the kitchen tank fills up it may flow into the bathroom tank, but not visa versa at least in my rig.
    Mal & Helen
    With Mitzi our Yorkie
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    2020 Reflection 303RLS Sold
    2020 Ford F250 Lariat Super Duty 4WD 6.7 Diesel Short Bed
    B&W Companion Slider
    Amateur Radio Call sign WA2TWA

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Malco1 View Post
    I tried combining the tanks by opening both gray tanks with the Valtera gate valve closed and it didn't work. Both times the bathroom tank filled up and no water was let into the kitchen tank. Maybe if the kitchen tank fills up it may flow into the bathroom tank, but not visa versa at least in my rig.
    All that means is that the bathroom tank is lower. If you contued to use it, water will end up in the kitchen tank
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In a Solitude 310Gk, the bathroom grey (and black) tank sit in the drop down frame (below the passthrough) and is at least 10" lower then the kitchen grey tank.

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UGADawgs View Post
    I would love to connect the two gray tanks on our 2250rk, but they have separate dump outlets and an axle between them. We always fill up the shower gray, but never come close to 1/4 or 1/3 on the kitchen gray. We got one of those 28gal rolling totes to dump during stays, but would prefer to connect the tanks if possible. I was thinking we'd have to run PVC from the shower gray to the kitchen gray and have it slightly downhill.
    I connected the two tanks on our previous Rockwood 5er. On that one the axle was under a square tubing that ran between the frame and the axles. I managed to get a piece of 1-1/4 inch PVC inside that square tubing. The front tank outlet had a large hose clamp holding the equivalent of a 3inch PVC pipe reducer which I swapped out for a real 3 inch pipe reducer down to 1-1/4 inch. I connected the reducer to my pipe that was run through the square tubing. On the other end I tee'd into the outlet pipe for the other tank, upstream of the dump valve. Voila! 80+ gallons capacity of grey water.

One caveat... Because the elevation of the pipe between the two tanks was higher that the dump valve, I had to tee-in a drain on both sides of the axles for winterization. Even so, having the extra capacity was worth all of the trouble. We never use the RV shower at public campgrounds so that tanks was just wasting space.
    Frank and Char + Maya, Newport, Michigan. 2016 Solitude 379FL/2006 F250 6.0 diesel w/dually conversion. 4th rain-sense roof vent, two ceiling fans, Kodiak disc brakes, Carlisle G 14-ply tires, Water Miser x2, final dump valve, water header tank, fridge cond fan switch, outside range exhaust, elec hot water anode, filtered drinking water, triple battery box,

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that is the same model that Jared (All about RV's) on YouTube did that combine. Might check his video out - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tstF9odI0RE
    2016 29RS
    2008 2500 Chevy Duramax Diesel CC LTZ
    Prev 5er 2010 Outback 321FRL
    1994 Chevy 6.5TD 2500 ext Cab
    25ft Coachman Catalina TT
    Skamper Pop UP
    Various tents
    ALL great memories:D

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think most of the options and variables have been discussed. On our 303RLS both gray tanks are at the same elevation and connected to the same dump exit. I was able to cut off the existing sewer cap fitting and glue on the 3' Valterra T50 bayonet valve with integral sewer cap in as shown in the attached picture. Works great. I use it to equalize the gray tanks at times and also to flush the emptied black tank at the dump station station.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Valterra T50 Valve.png 
Views:	14 
Size:	829.6 KB 
ID:	40748

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad I read this before I tried it - our bathroom tank does fill up much faster than the kitchen tank.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123