Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Connector question

I went out to De winterize the 337 RLS and found i had a leak behind my nautilus panel. The fitting to my outdoor sprayer was leaking on the hot side and it looks like the cold side has popped out to. I am suspecting I neglected to winterize my outdoor sprayer and will willingly accept all blame but wish i would have paid better attention last fall. The plastic connector on the back look like they are a very weak point and after watching a video this winter i have had plans to replace a lot of the plastic fittings with better ones and PEX. Before I order i want to make sure that these fittings are the same.

Is this the thread and correct size of the fittings on the back of the Nautilus

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...f_=as_li_ss_tl

Looks right to me and was included in links on a video but I thought I would get a second opinion before ordering

Included are a few pics of my problem todayClick image for larger version. 

Name:	001.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	100.9 KB 
ID:	40658Click image for larger version. 

Name:	002.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	94.6 KB 
ID:	40659Click image for larger version. 

Name:	003.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	96.6 KB 
ID:	40660
    Larry & Deb
    2022 Reflection 337 RLS
    2021 F350 Lariat SRW
    Eastern Ks.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jstchilln View Post
    I went out to De winterize the 337 RLS and found i had a leak behind my nautilus panel. The fitting to my outdoor sprayer was leaking on the hot side and it looks like the cold side has popped out to. I am suspecting I neglected to winterize my outdoor sprayer and will willingly accept all blame but wish i would have paid better attention last fall. The plastic connector on the back look like they are a very weak point and after watching a video this winter i have had plans to replace a lot of the plastic fittings with better ones and PEX. Before I order i want to make sure that these fittings are the same.

Is this the thread and correct size of the fittings on the back of the Nautilus

Looks right to me and was included in links on a video but I thought I would get a second opinion before ordering

Included are a few pics of my problem todayClick image for larger version. 

Name:	001.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	100.9 KB 
ID:	40658Click image for larger version. 

Name:	002.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	94.6 KB 
ID:	40659Click image for larger version. 

Name:	003.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	96.6 KB 
ID:	40660
    Save your money, Both Home depot and Lowes carry those 1/2" fittings in brass. Make sure the barb section is for soft 1/2" pex tubing. Take the old fittings with you to check. Look for thier blister pack rack in plumbing. However be sure to get the correct soft pex clamps. The typical screw clamps will tear the hose and leak. Those were the first connections to fail on me and I had winterized them.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post
    Save your money, Both Home depot and Lowes carry those 1/2" fittings in brass. Make sure the barb section is for soft 1/2" pex tubing. Take the old fittings with you to check. Look for thier blister pack rack in plumbing. However be sure to get the correct soft pex clamps. The typical screw clamps will tear the hose and leak. Those were the first connections to fail on me and I had winterized them.
    I'm just back from Home Depot and you are right, I saw most of the same stuff. Now I need to educate myself on Pex and what types there are. I saw a Pex A connector and and FNPT screw on adaptor and now I neeed to figure it all out. The shelves were in disarray after the weekend but I can always order it online from HD.
    Larry & Deb
    2022 Reflection 337 RLS
    2021 F350 Lariat SRW
    Eastern Ks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm confused. I had a leak at the water supply connection at the back of the toilet on my 2022 17MKE. I found the non-pex flexible tube was attached with a pex compression ring that wasn't compressed enough to seal the plastic fitting. I cut the hose, replaced the fitting with a brass one and used a screw type compression ring to make the compression. So far, so good but is there a better way?
    Attachment 40867
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_3341.jpg