User Tag List

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    soon a related subject, When I jack up the side of the trailer to remove the wheels, Where do i put the jack so I don't do damage?
    Andy, Amy & Paige Zahn
    2011 duramax 2500 denali hd
    2015 Reflection 323bhs

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just took my 2015 337 in for the brakes and wheel bearing check (11 months and only 4000 miles) just to be safe. They found passenger side wheel brakes full of grease. They contacted Grand Design and all was replaced at no cost. Looked at the westlake tires with the shop person and all looks good so far. (Checking before every trip and recheck tire and drum temps at stops).

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I pulled mine this weekend and found two seals leaking. I was also frustrated with the those magnets not clipped on one side. Where did you guys find replacement clips for the magnets?
    Jerry & Jeanine
    2016 Ram 3500 MegaCab Diesel
    2014 Reflection 293RES (sold)
    2020 Reflection 303RLS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by notnsuv View Post
    Correct National/ Federal Mogul P/N for seals is 442109. Car Quest manager glanced at the Lippert sheet Chuck sent out (while the counter guy had already spent 15min on the computer with the Lippert number trying to cross reference) and rattled off the number from memory. We confirmed ID & OD with a micrometer. The previously posted P/N 412920 mic'd a bit tight ID & OD. Might work but tight just the same. I have 4 in hand at $10 per whereas the 412920 are $27 per and an "oil seal" more than grease seal.

18 years experience is how the manager explained. There's no substitute.

Hope this helps the cause.
    I need a little clarification: The National 442109 looks like it is a single lip Nitrile seal. National's seal and bearing xref chart lists 412920 as an alternate seal for 442109. 412920 is a nitrile seal (maybe double lip) with a spring..

I am thinking I should still use 442109 single lip nitrile sealfor my LCI 5200 lb axle grease seal, but I'm not 100% sure.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanEdie View Post
    I need a little clarification: The National 442109 looks like it is a single lip Nitrile seal. National's seal and bearing xref chart lists 412920 as an alternate seal for 442109. 412920 is a nitrile seal (maybe double lip) with a spring..

I am thinking I should still use 442109 single lip nitrile sealfor my LCI 5200 lb axle grease seal, but I'm not 100% sure.
    OK....I think I found the answer..........The correct seal to use is the National/Timken?car Quest # 412920 Double Lip Nitrile seal with the spring built in...... More expensive, but it is the needed double lip....

OR go back and use the OEM Lippert cheap Chinese seal #122088 and take you chances on it leaking grease...

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Last year, I installed double lipped grease seals on my 337RLS from e-trailer. They were $3.90 per pair. I just pulled the hubs for my annual service. The seals held up well, and there was no evidence of leaking at all. I have about 9,000 miles on these seals. I ordered another set and installed them. Here's a link to the website:

https://www.etrailer.com/Seals-for-T.../RG06-070.html

Jim

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TucsonJim View Post
    Last year, I installed double lipped grease seals on my 337RLS from e-trailer. They were $3.90 per pair. I just pulled the hubs for my annual service. The seals held up well, and there was no evidence of leaking at all. I have about 9,000 miles on these seals. I ordered another set and installed them. Here's a link to the website:

https://www.etrailer.com/Seals-for-T.../RG06-070.html

Jim
    Jim, Thanks for he reply & information..... Good to know that those seals held up well. They are Chinese made, but maybe good quality since they held up well.... also, etrailer seems to stand behind them.

I'm not sure what was the problem with the Lippert OEM grease seals (China made)......if it was the seals failing, wrong grease put in by Lippert, and or Lippert install probem.. Anyway, I don't want to chance going with Lippert china seals when I do my annual bearing/axle clean and regrease in a couple of weeks. Thanks again for the info...

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My guess it was cheap seals overpacked with cheap runny grease. Things that are bound to cause a problem all on their own. But when installed in concert with each other, 99% chance of failure.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanEdie View Post
    Jim, Thanks for he reply & information..... Good to know that those seals held up well. They are Chinese made, but maybe good quality since they held up well.... also, etrailer seems to stand behind them.

I'm not sure what was the problem with the Lippert OEM grease seals (China made)......if it was the seals failing, wrong grease put in by Lippert, and or Lippert install probem.. Anyway, I don't want to chance going with Lippert china seals when I do my annual bearing/axle clean and regrease in a couple of weeks. Thanks again for the info...
    Jim, Here is a link to TruRyde catalog.......see pg 15 on TruRyde Grease Seals.........It says the TruRyde Double lip Grease seals are made with Nitrile rubber............... Sounds like they are a 'winner'......I will buy some and give them a try...........
    Thanks for your info..........

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry....here's the link to the TruRyde catalog..

http://www.waymires.com/support_docu...al_catalog.pdf

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast