User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We also had a Jensen. The top half of the display stopped working a year ago. We lived with that. Then the DVD player died. I literally just replaced it with a Furrion DV1230-BL. I got it from Crutchfield not Amazon.

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_355DV1...DV1230-BL.html

Yeah, I know, Furrion. With an RV you need at least two speaker zones if you want to use the outside speakers, so that limits you pretty much to iRV, Jensen, and Furrion. Plus it eliminated Best Buy and Car Toys as a places to look at decks.

Installation for my rig was not too hard. One of the reason for picking this unit was its size. In the RK22250 the unit is mounted in a slight recess so I had too find something that would fit that spot. I still ended up cutting a littler bit to get the unit in the slot.
    Wiring is easy, just take your time.

Its the same nasty remote as the Jensen. Setting the clock was a PITA. But I had upgraded the inside speakers a while back so this unit sounds much better. And it has HDMI to the TV.
    Steve & Sheryl
    Bucca and Nyx RIP-Tag and Gordon
    2019 Imagine 2250RK
    Ford F250

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm. Looks like it would work although I am thinking of not hooking up the outside speakers. They are pathetic. Thank you.
    John and Lori
    2018 XLT 2.7l
    2021 Imagine 22mle

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I replaced the inside speakers with a pair of much better two way coaxle speakers. These have a woofer and a tweeter. Branded JBL Marine, these are still made by Harmon Kardon. The original speakers had no tweeters, prob cost GD about $1.00 each and are inefficient junk. Better speakers made a substantial improvement in sound. Then I upgraded the head unit with the latest Jenson DVD player. It has the same remote as the old one, can read more songs off my thumb drive, has more watts per channel and can be operated with an app on my iPhone. The original remote is never used. Total cost of upgrade was about $300.

Beware buying mid to high end electronics from Amazon or E-Bay because there's lots of brand fraud going on. I've never had bad luck with Crutchfield.
    Doug, Patti and our puppy Leo are from upstate NY.
    Imagine 2019 XLS 18RBE
    2021 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I replaced my Furrion with an IRV but different model. Quality is about the same, maybe the same chips & stuff. Better remote, haven't really used the app.

IRV seems to be a budget OEM that has chosen to sell retail. Many models but they seem to line up with common RV OEM products.
    Rick

2019 Reflection 150 273MK
    2015 Ford F350 CC SB Lariat Powerstroke
    PullRite Superglide

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JHC210 View Post
    We have a Jensen stereo in our 22mle. Is there a decent replacement to the Jensen stereo? No HDMI out, sound is not great, etc.

Thanks.
    John..
    How do you get sound from the tv to through the stereo? Ours is HDMI, but we have a Furion. I assumed they were all the same. I agree with others that starting with replacing the ceiling speakers would provide more clarity. They don't have to be very expensive, just need coax speakers. I have amps and subwoofers in all my vehicles and boat but in the camper it just seems rude when there is almost no way for others not to hear something coming through the walls. Haha! But if you want to go that route then there are plenty of economical sound bars with wireless subwoofer options out there.
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbug View Post
    How do you get sound from the tv to through the stereo? .

The Jensen I bought has both two way HDMI (DVD to TV and TV to Jensen audio) and analog inputs and outputs going both in and out the back. I wired both up to the TV, but there is a problem with the HDMI....

The problem with HDMI in an RV is that the connection was not designed with moving vehicles in mind. The HDMI cables won't stay connected.... Which isn't a big problem in the back of the TV, but it is a big problem on the back of the stereo, because you can't get to the back of the unit once its mounted. Bottom line: don't expect the HDMI connection to work for long. Get a unit with both HDMI and old style RCA connections. Hook up both to your TV.

Anyone got any ideas on how to keep an HDMI cable cable to stay plugged into the RV stereo??
    Doug, Patti and our puppy Leo are from upstate NY.
    Imagine 2019 XLS 18RBE
    2021 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadeo6472 View Post
    Bottom line: don't expect the HDMI connection to work for long. Get a unit with both HDMI and old style RCA connections. Hook up both to your TV.

Anyone got any ideas on how to keep an HDMI cable cable to stay plugged into the RV stereo??
    Nod, I have the same problem. I pull out the head unit, reinsert the HDMI cable, and all is fine until the next trip. I'm all ears if anyone has a more permanent solution (I'm thinking of Super Glue).
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We use the stereo for local news and weather when we camp. Otherwise, we have a Bose bluetooth speaker that we use on the TV and outside for music/ The sound quality is very good. We have Amazon Prime music and the Sirrius XM app on my phone.

works well for us.
    Dave & Carol
    Eastern GTA, ON
    2022 Reflection 303RLS Fifth Wheel
    2017 GMC 2500 Crew Cab pick up (6.0 litre Gasser)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadeo6472 View Post
    The Jensen I bought has both two way HDMI (DVD to TV and TV to Jensen audio) and analog inputs and outputs going both in and out the back. I wired both up to the TV, but there is a problem with the HDMI....

The problem with HDMI in an RV is that the connection was not designed with moving vehicles in mind. The HDMI cables won't stay connected.... Which isn't a big problem in the back of the TV, but it is a big problem on the back of the stereo, because you can't get to the back of the unit once its mounted. Bottom line: don't expect the HDMI connection to work for long. Get a unit with both HDMI and old style RCA connections. Hook up both to your TV.

Quote Originally Posted by Soundsailor View Post
    Nod, I have the same problem. I pull out the head unit, reinsert the HDMI cable, and all is fine until the next trip. I'm all ears if anyone has a more permanent solution (I'm thinking of Super Glue).
    I haven't had issues with the HDMI coming out of my Furrion unit or the back of my TV, but I suggest using zip ties. Tie the cable to the power cable or a zip tie that has the hole for holding with a screw like on boats/vehicles and such. Zip tie to something that will not move leaving just enough slack that the weight of the cable will not work the connection loose.
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure why anyone would replace a DVD player with a DVD player. Might as well get a bluray player. So that leaves the audio section...get a nice car stereo like a kenwood double din media player. All can be hooked up to replace the dead rv unit.
    And while you are at it, replace those cheap speakers that came with the rv...
    Dan and Rita
    2021 Reflection150 260RD, built June 2020, w/400W solar + 2 size 31 AGMs, added 2" lift blocks to match the
    2022 F350 SCSB 7.3 GdZa 4x4, 10 Sp w/4.30s - Lariat Sport in Atlas Blue

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast