Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a similar issue on my last trailer, when it arrived with a leaking water tank that needed replacing. Dealer tried black duct tape which held long enough to get it off the lot. I ended up retaping it with tape made for that material and it's been fine ever since.

I used this one, but it looks similar to the Scrim tape.

At the time Amazon sold it in smaller lengths, so I was able to get enough to do the repair for just $14.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can try GORILLA TAPE.. It is STRONG....I've used it and it works good for small areas like yours.

Quote Originally Posted by FL-Guy View Post
    I contacted Grand Design. Told me that is defiantly not a factory install. Someone cut probably to access the tank valves.
    His advice was to cut away a 48" strip of underbelly material in between crossmembers full width of the trailer and replace it. Screwing it onto the crossmembers. Also said I could cut some 3 sided access flaps into the underbelly material and cover them with a bigger patch of material that could be held on with automotive body screws (plastic)
    Sound like a pretty big job that I'm not sure I want to tackle right now.

If a patch of material is okay to put over a cutout "access flap" I think I might try putting a patch using plastic body screws over this cut after I recaulk the cut. Its about 12 inches long total so not a structural problem for the underbelly
    Robob
    2020 GD 22RBE

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BTW: clean all that foam and other goo off and clean it. Let it dry and then place GORILLA TAPE on it..
    Quote Originally Posted by FL-Guy View Post
    I was inspecting the underbelly of my Imagine 22RBE and found an open area that had previously been sealed with black silicon???
    I appears the membrane had been cut in several places to install or work on the grey and black tank lines and valve cables. Does anyone know if this is commonly done at the factory or was this a repair job?
    My thought was to put a few zip ties to hold the membrane together then recaulk. I think I should be using black silicon, right?

Thanks for any advice.
    Attachment 40664
    Robob
    2020 GD 22RBE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12