Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Question What should it cost to get an Easystart Soft Start installed

I'm getting older and hate getting on the roof. I was wondering if anyone has had a certified mobile RV repair person install and easy start on thier rig and what the cost was?

Thanks
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the same situation. I forced myself to slowly get on the roof and was able to remove the necessary covers, but I am no electrician. Luckily my neighbor a young handyman was willing to help me. He had no problem with heights and was quickly able to make the wiring connections. All done in 10 mins. He did not want to take any compensation, but I insisted he take $25 for his help

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you know how to do it, it's about a 20 minute job, start to finish. It won't be the install that'll cost you, it'll be getting someone to come out and do it.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The instructions are very good, and there is a video available. Installation is not difficult at all. Sight unseen it took about an hour, including watching the video, finding the tools, installation and testing.
    Getting on the roof is another matter. As I get older I have become mostly a 'hands and knees' guy. Standing up is OK in the right environment. My problem is going from ladder to roof and back (I don't always use the built in ladder). I'm sure I look like a fool trying to crawl onto the roof, but I usually do this work alone. I guess that means there will be no witnesses when I am found.

Anyone with basic mechanical/electrical skill could do it. Friend/relative/fellow RV'er nearby??? I get it. As I get older I am learning that some things are not wise to do at this point.
    Rob
    Rob & Kathy
    2019 F350 CCSB SRW, w/Demco Autoslide.
    2019 Solitude 310GK.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post
    I'm getting older and hate getting on the roof. I was wondering if anyone has had a certified mobile RV repair person install and easy start on thier rig and what the cost was?

Thanks
    When our home A/C had it's spring check up I paid the service Tech $50.00 to install the easy start on our Imagine.
    It was worth the cost to me as I know nothing about electricity or air conditioners.
    Bob A.
    Bob & Alice
    2020 Ram 3500 Limited Megacab SRW Aisin
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2450RL
    ProPride 3P 1400 lb. bars WDH
    Micro Air easy start, Goodyear Endurance Load rated "E" Tires
    Titan 50 gallon diesel replacement tank
    Previous: 2019 Ram 1500 Limited

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post

Thanks
    Here's my installation with pixs from 2017
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...143#post135143
    Donald AKA johndeerefarmer
    2020 Ford F350 Powerstroke diesel
    2017 F150 ecoboost max tow
    2016 Reflection 29RS VIN# 573FR322XG3305717