User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you all for the responses!
    2021 Reflection 337RLS | TireMinder i10 TPMS | Progressive Dynamics 60A Converter | Progressive Industries EMS | MORyde X Factors | Renogy Solar & MPPT Controller
    2012 Ram 2500 CCSB 6.7L Diesel | Tuned w/ DPF Stolen | Tekonsha P3 Brake Controller | Airlift Bags w/ Wireless Compressor | B&W Turnover Ball | Anderson Ultimate Hitch

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Note to self: Remove the sensor before swapping tank.
    2024 Brinkley z2900
    2019 F350 Platinum, Shorter bed, Diesel, SRW, 3.55 rear, 55gal tank!
    2016 F150 Platinum (traded in for F350 fall 2019)
    2022 GD 2970RL (Sold, 2023-Oct)
    2016 GD 2600rb (Sold. 2022-May)

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another thing I did to my install on my Toy Hauler was to add some screen mesh below each tank. On my Momentum, the tank sits on two pieces of angle with no bottom and open to the road under that. I was afraid of hitting a pothole or large bump and the sensor falling off of the somewhat rounded bottom of the tank. So the screen mesh still would allow for propane vapor to fall (heavier than air) if there was a leak somewhere, yet catch the sensor if it would happen to be jarred loose.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mediocrity View Post
    Thank you all for the responses!
    Glad to hopefully help. I hope it works out for you.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wudwork View Post
    Note to self: Remove the sensor before swapping tank.
    Ya, I can see myself doing that. I'm not a fan of the swaps but some places you don't have much choice.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post
    Another thing I did to my install on my Toy Hauler was to add some screen mesh below each tank. On my Momentum, the tank sits on two pieces of angle with no bottom and open to the road under that. I was afraid of hitting a pothole or large bump and the sensor falling off of the somewhat rounded bottom of the tank. So the screen mesh still would allow for propane vapor to fall (heavier than air) if there was a leak somewhere, yet catch the sensor if it would happen to be jarred loose.

What I did was go and buy 2 small thick aluminum pans. Drilled some small holes for any possible water drainage in each, and placed them on the same tank holders. Could also bolt them down as well, but I didnt.

Also would recommend the Mopeka LP Check Halo ring and use instead of the metal spacers.

https://www.amazon.com/Mopeka-Tank-C...ps%2C78&sr=8-2
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Allow me to geek out

This is what o do for a living, I am an ultrasound inspection technician. When dealing with ultrasound there are a few things to keep in mind.
    1. ultrasound can’t travel through air, a grease(couplant) is imperative.
    2. Whether the sound is traveling straight or at an angle will change it’s time of flight which is what is read. An angle could cause a longer or shorter time of flight thus reading short or long.
    3. Each material it passes through has its own velocity which increases or decreases the time of flight based on thickness and inherent velocity.( I would recommend bare metal)
    4. The ambient temperature of all the parts involved will also affect the velocity and thus the time of flight.
    I recommend a lithium grease which I use because it will not turn to liquid and run off, in the ambient heat of Texas and lasts a long time before needing to add/replace it.

In conclusion there are a lot of variables that can affect your accuracy with out the sensors being at fault. Also who knows how accurately they are calibrated or manufactured. My inspection equipment is required to have an annual system calibration, and we have to do a calibration be for each use. Hope this helps you understand what the limitations are and the mechanics. Sorry if I was long winded and needed out too much.
    Phillip
    2021 F250 King Ranch 6.7L PS SRW SB CC 4x4 Tremor, 35k inverter, 60gal S&B tank.
    2019 312 BHTS, MORyde CRE300, five leaf 6k leafsprings , MORyde heavy duty shackles.
    Non Destructive Examiner- Oilfield Trash

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jleonard View Post
    I have the Mopeka system and I find them "accurate enough" so far for my purpose.
    Same here, did you set the app to the proper tank size? They come set for 20# tanks.
    Mal & Helen
    With Mitzi our Yorkie
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    2020 Reflection 303RLS Sold
    2020 Ford F250 Lariat Super Duty 4WD 6.7 Diesel Short Bed
    B&W Companion Slider
    Amateur Radio Call sign WA2TWA

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We bought them, found they were looking for a problem to solve! Check the changeover valve and change when it goes red.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just installed the Mopeka sensors this afternoon. They seem to work well enough so far. However, they are a bit wobbly. Seems like the tank bottom is slightly rounded and only one magnet is holding them on. I’m concerned is that one good pothole and they will be gone. Should I put a board or something under the tank? I don’t want to interrupt the air flow and ventilation. Would chicken wire or hardware cloth interfere with the signal? Maybe I should duct tape them in place. Or is it not an issue?

Also is the grease just an electrically conductive silicone?

Thanks!

Mark
    Mark & Megan & Levi (our floppy eared four legged furry friend)
    2019 Reflection 303RLS
    2019 Chevy Silverado 3500HD Duramax
    B & W Companion

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast