Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaostactics View Post
    I mean in theory it's supposed to be a very quiet generator (the Predator 3500) and it's at the opposite end from the bedroom. Wouldn't that negate the noise? I'm not being obstinate with the reply, just trying to learn.
    I had a Champion 3400 which ran a 13500BTU ac in my old rig, but not a 15000BTU in my new rig. I sold the 3500 Champion and bought a 4500 Champion which works fine with the 1500. I don't have soft start on either AC. both generators had 30A RV receptacles.
    Mal & Helen
    With Mitzi our Yorkie
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    2020 Reflection 303RLS Sold
    2020 Ford F250 Lariat Super Duty 4WD 6.7 Diesel Short Bed
    B&W Companion Slider
    Amateur Radio Call sign WA2TWA

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 2 cents: I bought the bumper strut support for added strength to the rear bumper. I then removed the spare tire and mount ( weight not sure) and put the tire in the bed of the truck. I purchased a tray mount from harbor freight and a generac 3000 which works my a/c and hung that on the bumper.
    I thought of putting the gen over the tanks but there were to many reasons not to do that.
    1) noise of gen near bed.
    2) 30amp plug on stern
    3) to much tongue weight
    Bottom line is it’s almost a wash in weight by the removal of tire. The gen switch and carrier is approx 80lbs. Tire, rim and hitch 45/50 lbs …. So at most I’m putting 40lbs on the bumper not to mention the extra supports that were added.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123