User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NDIrishLacrosse View Post
    Ah thanks, that makes sense. Any 6 volt battery brands I should stay away from?
    I can't say any in particular...
    But my grandfather used to say (before we knew what Li-Ion was, 30yrs ago); "Buy your batteries by weight"...

He was talking about Marine Batts, but the principle is the same; thicker lead plates weigh more. Thicker plates won't warp as much if they are abused. Warping can short out a cell, ruining a battery...

We aren't (or shouldn't be) using these Batts for starting a big V8, so surface area of the plates isn't as important. And a pair of GC2s weighing 70# each are easier to slug around than an equivalent 12v battery weighing 140#...

Sent from my LM-G900 using Tapatalk
    2021 Transcend 261bh
    2021 Ford F-150 3.5eb

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NDIrishLacrosse View Post
    Ah thanks, that makes sense. Any 6 volt battery brands I should stay away from?
    I would stay away from all of them and get a lithium battery. Even if you have to relocate it somewhere else. being able to use more of the battery capacity, being able to charge faster, saving weight, lasting longer. So many advantages and the only one negative of not being able to charge below freezing.

1 200 amp hour battery would be the equivalent of 400 AMP hours of lead acid.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As someone before me said, excuse the interruption but, others have done a good job discussing the battery issue but, I don't believe Furrion designed the refrigerator compressor such that it would cause the fuse to blow if the battery voltage got low. If so, it's a bad design.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And the other disadvantage to a 200Ah lithium is it would be a few thousand dollars for the one battery, and close to a $1000 for another charger that has to be hooked up to charge the lithium style battery. Other than that they are great.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    And the other disadvantage to a 200Ah lithium is it would be a few thousand dollars for the one battery, and close to a $1000 for another charger that has to be hooked up to charge the lithium style battery. Other than that they are great.
    Your price estimates are wayyyy too high!
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    This is bad information, do some homework or searching in todays lingo
    2022 Solitude 310GK, Factory option Include, Dual Pane Winders, Slide Toppers, Solar pacakge, Gen Prep, Pull Out Kitchen & Heat Pump
    Cheaters list so far Includes, Snap Pads, 2ea 200ah Smart Heated Lithium Batteries
    2014 Sierra 3500HD Duramax LWB SRW

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Champ837 View Post
    As someone before me said, excuse the interruption but, others have done a good job discussing the battery issue but, I don't believe Furrion designed the refrigerator compressor such that it would cause the fuse to blow if the battery voltage got low. If so, it's a bad design.
    A fuse is set to blow at a certain current. Electrical devices work on power (watts). Electrical power is current X voltage, if the voltage goes down the current has to go up to provide the desired wattage. So what probably happened is when the battery voltage dropped the current went up blowing the fuse, and saving you from a possible fire.
    Mal & Helen
    With Mitzi our Yorkie
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    2020 Reflection 303RLS Sold
    2020 Ford F250 Lariat Super Duty 4WD 6.7 Diesel Short Bed
    B&W Companion Slider
    Amateur Radio Call sign WA2TWA

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And 1 200 amp lithium costs $1500 at least plus you need to get an equivalent charger.

If you boondock a lot it’s worth it. I have 300 in lithium plus 2-200 amp panels. Can go almost indefinitely with this.

All this extra money is a waste if you don’t use it. Everyone’s use of the trailer differs.

Instead of deadening your batteries just install a good Victron battery better with Bluetooth as was mentioned. Deadening lead batteries shortens their life
    Donna and Dave
    Annapolis, Maryland
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL / Dodge Ram Longhorn 2500 6.4 Hemi
    350 W Newapower Solar: 3000 Victron Inverter/ Charger: Firefly Oasis carbon foam AGM

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Though the estimate were a little high you can buy cheap Chinese knockoff lithiums cheaper but if you go with the better systems they are still an investment of $2000 with Charger. You will want at least 400 amp hours in panels too. If you don’t use your camper that way it is not worth it

Lithium is not the answer for for everything��
    Donna and Dave
    Annapolis, Maryland
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL / Dodge Ram Longhorn 2500 6.4 Hemi
    350 W Newapower Solar: 3000 Victron Inverter/ Charger: Firefly Oasis carbon foam AGM

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a GE 12V 9.8 Cu.Ft. fridge in my TT and have 400W of roof solar running through a 100/30A Victron controller charging 4 Interstate 6V GC batteries for a total of 450ah with 225ah usable.
    According to my history readout on the Victron when leaving the fridge on 24/7 the batteries don't ever drop below 12.4 and hit 14.2-4 the next morning on bulk. It will read like that day in and day out.
    Just posting this as a reference for those with a 12V fridge and wondering how much solar and battery size they may need. My system is not high end by any means and is very affordable and meets my needs.

I should add that the above info is with my TT sitting at my house and only the fridge and other parasitic draws running.
    Last edited by goducks14; 05-29-2022 at 10:14 AM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast