User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What keeps the forward gray tank attached

Inspecting a bulge in the Coroplast right in front of the main drain. Three of the bolts holding the coroplast onto the frame have torn through. Something hard and heavy pushing it down. So it appears the shower gray tank is falling out ... the only thing that seems to be keeping it on is the coroplast. Surely that can't be right!
    Pam and Doug
    2017 F350 (the Dragon) with 2015 GD Ref 337RLS (the Dragon's Tail)

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Early models were just held in by the L bracket framing on the edges of the tanks. Newer model shave straps added.

Your tank could have ballooned and pulled the edges away from the brackets. Seen it happen more than once.

Drop the underbelly after fully draining the tank and check it out. You can always add metal straps to keep it in there.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    Early models were just held in by the L bracket framing on the edges of the tanks. Newer model shave straps added.

Your tank could have ballooned and pulled the edges away from the brackets. Seen it happen more than once.

Drop the underbelly after fully draining the tank and check it out. You can always add metal straps to keep it in there.
    Looks like that's what's happened to mine...the back part of the tank (by the valve) is still above the L-Bracket but the front part has dropped down. I guess there's just enough flex to allow that to happen. I'll push it back up into place then try to figure out how to attach a couple straps or braces under the tanks to keep it from happening again.

Praise God Moment: I'm dealing with the gray tank and not the black!
    Pam and Doug
    2017 F350 (the Dragon) with 2015 GD Ref 337RLS (the Dragon's Tail)