Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Generator in a Reflection 150

Is the front exterior storage area behind the pin, set up to take a generator. I've not seen it mentioned anywhere on here or in videos from GD. Either the 260RK, 280RS or 295R, thank you.
    Last edited by GuidoTheGuide; 05-16-2022 at 09:24 PM. Reason: Needed to add what models.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We dont keep a generator in ours, but we do put our 16k grain water softner there plumbed to our city water intake line. So it can hold weight.

Not sure about the available space and how much weight I would store there. Our fillled softner probably weighs 80lbs. Plus, we do secure it to the shared basement wall with a metal plate and clamps to ensure it doesnt move in transit.
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoTheGuide View Post
    Is the front exterior storage area behind the pin, set up to take a generator. I've not seen it mentioned anywhere on here or in videos from GD. Either the 260RK, 280RS or 295R, thank you.
    No, it is not prepped on any Reflection.

The front compartment is not deep enough for anything but maybe a 4k Onan, which will only power 1 leg of your 50 amp service.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well crud! Back to the drawing board. Thank you both.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The front compartment is amply sized for 600 AH or more of lithium batteries and all the other goodies to give you a robust solar setup; might not need a generator.
    - El Hefe

Camping: Where you spend a small fortune to live like a homeless person.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a thought, thank you.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Other than the trailer hitch at the back of the 150, any thoughts on where one might secure a generator?

From what I can see, unless I want to go with a travel trailer or a full size Reflection (can you put a generator in the regular Reflection?) or Solitude, I won't be carrying a generator.

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will it fit in the bed of the truck?

We've done custom wiring to run from the bed of the truck back into the coach to run a/c on the road for pets.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good question. I don't have a truck with a 5th wheel hitch yet, so I don't know if a generator will fit in the back of a truck with a 5th wheel hitch, I kind if doubt it, unless it's an 8ft bed; maybe???

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoTheGuide View Post
    I installed an Onan 3600 in the front compartment of our 230RL One AC keeps the camper cool on all but the hottest days... I'm located in Central Florida, anyone wants take a look at my installation.... Norm
    2019 230RL Reflection ..... 1996 Dodge 2500 Cummins still pulling just as hard as the day I brought her home November 1995...3.6 Onan. 2 battleborns 300 watts solar, 1500 watt aims inverter....(Convictions are a far greater foe of truth than lies) {Nietztche}

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast