User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Residential refrigerator off with inverter

Dry camped last night and a 5 hour drive today. Got to our Harvest Hosts location and appears fridge wasn't on for most of the trip and wouldn't start with inverter. Had to kick the generator on to cool it off. Three different voltages showing on the victron BT, one control panel and solar BT. Fridge kicks on with genny but not inverter. Running genny now to get the temps down. First time in 14 days.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe your battery disconnect got disconnected? Or maybe your battery got drained?

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    Maybe your battery disconnect got disconnected? Or maybe your battery got drained?

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Turned out that the inverter has it's own GFCI outlet that feeds everything else and yes, it popped. The LED out on the main GFCI outlet in the bathroom gave me the clue that nothing was working. Phewwwww

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
    Turned out that the inverter has it's own GFCI outlet that feeds everything else and yes, it popped. The LED out on the main GFCI outlet in the bathroom gave me the clue that nothing was working. Phewwwww
    Yep - had that happen once when the trailer was new. Hasn't happened since. I check the fridge for power after disconnecting from shore power before hitting the road.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    Yep - had that happen once when the trailer was new. Hasn't happened since. I check the fridge for power after disconnecting from shore power before hitting the road.

Rob
    Adding to my departure checklist - TY
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post

Rob
    I picked up the new RV yesterday and had the problem today. I just posted about it in the Tech Help forum. I'll try to delete the post and go check the GFCI.

-B
    Fulltime RVer since 4/2016. Newmar Mountain Aire 4523 - Jeep Rubicon JKU - Harley FLTRU
    2022 F450 Platinum, 2022 Momentum 351MS-R with Curt Flex Air hitch and MORryde IS
    Also considering a Polaris General XP 1000 4 Seater and a Can Am Spyder RT Limited

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where is the GFCI for this? I checked the one in the bathroom and it seems fine.
    -B
    Fulltime RVer since 4/2016. Newmar Mountain Aire 4523 - Jeep Rubicon JKU - Harley FLTRU
    2022 F450 Platinum, 2022 Momentum 351MS-R with Curt Flex Air hitch and MORryde IS
    Also considering a Polaris General XP 1000 4 Seater and a Can Am Spyder RT Limited

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is another GFCI on the inverter.

In my situation, most things in the house works when inverting, as far as I can tell, it is just the refrigerator that is not working while inverting.