User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HOT and COLD water is backwards on my 2022 Solitude

In America all faucets have the hot on the left and the cold on the right.... or you turn the single handle in that direction.

While Grand design did it correctly in the kitchen and bathroom faucet.. the shower is backwards. And being super close to the water heater I fear any guest might scold themselves.

So I could pull the unit off the wall , not knowing if there is any slack in the connections and possible open a can of worms or just reverse the hot and cold in the basement.

I chose the basement because the shower lines are separate from any sink.

see the photos they are self explanatory.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 9-trailer2  .jpg   9-close up trailer 3 .jpg   9-both lines cut trailer 5 .jpg  
    2022 Solitude 378mbs-r with 3rd air and solar package, Flux Capacitor pending, Removed Nautilus and replaced with the Bruce Select-A-Matic

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a removable panel in the linen closet to access the back of the shower faucet assembly.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i have removed that panel. first of all the closet is very narrow and working with tools there or even my hands is a joke. I have changed the black tank flush vac breaker on my keystone montana when it was just easy and under the sink. but, i still needed two hands . One to hold the breaker and the other to unscrew the lines. I even needed a pliers on one line.

If i have to change this on the solitude i would try to loosen the lines in basement giving me extra hose so i could pull up and out the vac breaker and maybe get 2 hands in place.

as far as working with the shower. If i managed to remove and reverse the water lines , not sure if going back in place would result in any cross threading as two hands in that panel is not possible.

that access panel is a joke
    Last edited by ForBruce; 05-17-2022 at 10:27 AM.
    2022 Solitude 378mbs-r with 3rd air and solar package, Flux Capacitor pending, Removed Nautilus and replaced with the Bruce Select-A-Matic

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ForBruce View Post
    In America all faucets have the hot on the left and the cold on the right.... or you turn the single handle in that direction.

While Grand design did it correctly in the kitchen and bathroom faucet.. the shower is backwards. And being super close to the water heater I fear any guest might scold themselves.

So I could pull the unit off the wall , not knowing if there is any slack in the connections and possible open a can of worms or just reverse the hot and cold in the basement.

I chose the basement because the shower lines are separate from any sink.

see the photos they are self explanatory.
    I kept telling my husband that the faucet in the kitchen in our rig was backwards. He just said I was confused due to the single handle aspect and used a MarksAll to indicate "C" and "H" on the handle (in that configuration).

We had to take our rig in for work when one of the spring hangers broke, and pinched the propane line. After the welding was done, they inspected the propane line. Then the technician came in and said everything was fine, and, "oh, by the way, did you know the hot and cold lines in the kitchen are reversed?"

My husband has now switched the lines.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by livinthelife View Post
    I kept telling my husband that the faucet in the kitchen in our rig was backwards. He just said I was confused due to the single handle aspect and used a MarksAll to indicate "C" and "H" on the handle (in that configuration).

We had to take our rig in for work when one of the spring hangers broke, and pinched the propane line. After the welding was done, they inspected the propane line. Then the technician came in and said everything was fine, and, "oh, by the way, did you know the hot and cold lines in the kitchen are reversed?"

I have actually reveresd ours on purpose. With a single handle faucet, we prefer it that way....
    OTOH, if that is the worst thing the factory did wrong... Count yourself lucky.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntindog View Post
    I have actually reveresd ours on purpose. With a single handle faucet, we prefer it that way....
    That was the issue I was having. The handle pointed to the right (should be cold) was hot, and I kept hitting it when I was doing dishes, changing water temp & pressure. With the handle pointed to the left (now the hot) it's out of my way.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here in Southern Arizona there is no cold. It's just Hot and Hotter!
    Mike & (RIP Karen)
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2011 Toyota Tundra 5.7 RW, Tow Package
    Husky Centerline WDH
    Champion 2500DF, Prodigy P2

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntindog View Post
    i could live with the kitchen or bathroom faucet having hot and cold reversed
    . But , the shower is a whole liability. The water heater is close by and accidently a guest and worst a child could get a severe burn.

i also imagine a lawsuit could also include Grand Design cause it is Negligence
    on their part, as i assume many people have experienced the same issue and they have NOT corrected procedures and safety checks on this issue when manufacturing..

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My shower was also plumbed backwards. I was going to just leave it.....dealer fixed it when it was in for service....
    2019 Solitude 372WB FBP loaded
    2021 Ford F350 King Ranch 6.7 FX4 Long Bed Rapid Red
    1970 Plymouth Roadrunner
    1968 Dodge Charger

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by livinthelife View Post

easy once you put your mind to it
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pull hair out .jpg  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast