User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GFCI plug won't reset

The GFCI plug located at the end of the kitchen island in our Reflection 303 is out and won't reset. The circuit breaker on the panel for the GFCI has not flipped off. I tried resetting the breaker without success. The outage only affects the wall plugs on the right side of the living area along with the GFCI plug in the bathroom. All other outlets and electrical functions are unaffected. I am wondering if the plug is bad or if there could just be a fuse that failed.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not knowing which model you have makes it a little difficult to help. It won't be a fuse since this is AC system. A GFCI won't reset if there's no power going to it so it might be a breaker in a sub panel that tripped or the plug is faulty.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had this happen with a gfci receptacle. I replaced it and all was fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Reflection 312 BHTS, Silverado 2500 Duramax

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the reply. It is a 2021 Reflection 303RLS. I'm leaning to it may just be the plug has gone bad because I can't find any other evidence of failures.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. Replacing the plug pretty much the consensus of folks I've talked to here at the Park where we're spending the summer.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rbgntx View Post
    The GFCI plug located at the end of the kitchen island in our Reflection 303 is out and won't reset. The circuit breaker on the panel for the GFCI has not flipped off. I tried resetting the breaker without success. The outage only affects the wall plugs on the right side of the living area along with the GFCI plug in the bathroom. All other outlets and electrical functions are unaffected. I am wondering if the plug is bad or if there could just be a fuse that failed.

I had to replace the GFCI on my 295rl kitchen island also. It defaulted and the first time I used it. I tried to reset it but would not. Dealership replaced it under warranty
    2021 F250 XLT CCSB 6.2, 4.30, Iconic Silver, 2021 GD REFLECTION 295RL. PULLRITE SUPERGL. 2914
    2017 F250 Lariat CCSB 6.2 3.73, Caribou , 2013 COACHMEN FREEDOM EXPRESS 281RLDS
    2008 F150 XLT CCSB 5.4 3.55 Blue, 2008 STARCRAFT TT

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a similar concern with the GFCI on my inverter. Would not reset, so I could not use inverter… Not tripped in the regular breaker panel, tho.
    I unplugged every single load on all receptacles on the circuit. Until I found one that would not pull out! Melted into the receptacle b/c a connection was arcing in the receptacle itself (typical rv press-in bladed fixture - no screw terminals. True ground fault. Regular CB did not protect the circuit as well as I would have liked. GFCI on inverter power did.

So replaced receptacle with a residential type and put new plug to replace the melted one. All good.

These units bounce around a lot and stuff comes loose. It took me several hours across a couple of days to find the cause.
    Last edited by Grammy&Grandad; 05-17-2022 at 09:02 PM.
    Home is where you park it!
    2021 Solitude 380FL
    2014 Silverado 3500HD LTZ DRW 6.6L Duramax Allison 6 Speed
    RVing since 1996; Full Time since 2018

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rbgntx View Post
    I had the same issue on our island. It turned out there was another GFCI on the same line that was tripped. Resetting that one fixed the issue for me. Might be worth it hitting the reset button on all of your GFCI outlets. Easy fix if thats the issue.
    Tim & Lori
    2016 Ford F-350 SRW 6.7L Platinum/60 gal Titan tank
    2018 Reflection 307 MKS
    Anderson Ultimate Hitch
    Haloview MC7108 rear and side cameras
    TST 507 4 Sensor Tire Monitoring System with Color Display

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I changed out the main GFCI plug but things are still not working. I'm going to take the plug out and make sure it was wired properly. The adventure continues. It has been an interesting day all around. Snow has been falling off and on all day up here in the Wallowa mountains in Oregon. Not bad for the middle of May.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The GFCI at the end of the kitchen island would not reset after I had a problem with the power converter. I had to replace the GFCI outlet. When I pulled it out to replace it, there was a burn mark on the back of the outlet. I suggest pulling the GFCI out and looking at the back of the outlet and sse if it is burned.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast