User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Propane tank cover clearance (Imagine 2150RB)

I'm hoping some one could help me out with a question about the hard shell propane tank covers. I'm guessing the LP storage on the tongue is similar across the light weight lines.

I'm talking bout a 2150RB in this case. I am looking at this tongue cargo carrier for carrying a 5 gallon gas can and a 10# propane tank. Obviously it would make it harder to remove the hard case to get LP refills. However I'm wondering about pulling the screws/bolts that hold the case together instead of just lifting it up.

Sure it's a bit of a pain but I was wondering if there would be enough clearance between the battery box and or tongue jack to pull either the whole cover off or at least.the back or front half to get enough clearance to pull the 20# lp tanks for refill?
    2018 2150RB/2022 F150 Powerboost

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just replace with a zippered vinyl cover.
    2020 Imagine 2450RL born 7/2019 Anderson hitch
    2007 Tundra 5.7 with tow package and RAS
    Both retired - still have our S&B
    US Army vet (Air Cav baby!) Gulf war combat veteran

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was one of my first thoughts. However there seems to be a lot of reviews for various brands of vinyl covers that day they won't put up with wear and tear from being in place during driving.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaostactics View Post
    That was one of my first thoughts. However there seems to be a lot of reviews for various brands of vinyl covers that day they won't put up with wear and tear from being in place during driving.
    Ours stays put real well. It has a pretty strong elastic band on the bottom. I don't unzip it unless I need to access the regulator. Just slip it up and off to remove tanks for filling.
    2020 Imagine 2450RL born 7/2019 Anderson hitch
    2007 Tundra 5.7 with tow package and RAS
    Both retired - still have our S&B
    US Army vet (Air Cav baby!) Gulf war combat veteran