User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wiring a Maxxair fan in bedroom of 2400 bhs

Warning! Not an elecrician at all here....

I'm sure someone knows, but when I took the vent apart I found 2 black and 2 white wires. I'm assuming these are lights. If I tap into these to power the fan, won't they be on a switch and I would have to have lights on to power the fan?

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have a voltmeter, check the voltage on the connection where both whites and both blacks come together. Then toggle the nearby light switch and check again. When I installed my bedroom Max air fan, I ran a wire from kitchen max air fan thru the ceiling, over the bedroom door and into the bed fan opening.

Quote Originally Posted by JnA_Brooks View Post
    Warning! Not an elecrician at all here....

I'm sure someone knows, but when I took the vent apart I found 2 black and 2 white wires. I'm assuming these are lights. If I tap into these to power the fan, won't they be on a switch and I would have to have lights on to power the fan?
    2022 GD 2970RL (soon to be "released")
    2019 F350 Platinum, Shorter bed, Diesel, SRW, 3.55 rear, 55gal tank!
    2016 F150 Platinum (traded in for F350 fall 2019)
    2016 GD 2600rb (Sold)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. Did you have to change fuse or breaker? Also, read somewhere that you need a 12v regulator going to fans. Any truth?

Again thanks. Already in the doghouse cause GM can't get thier head our of thier %$# and deliver my truck even though it's built, after waiting 6 months (and I live 45 min from the factory). Wife is not happy about missing camping days and doing cancelations

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. Did you have to change fuse or breaker? Also, read somewhere that you need a 12v regulator going to fans. Any truth?

Again thanks. Already in the doghouse cause GM can't get thier head our of thier %$# and deliver my truck even though it's built, after waiting 6 months (and I live 45 min from the factory). Wife is not happy about missing camping days and doing cancelations

I have read that some people have had trouble with the MaxxAir fans shutting down due to an over voltage situation. I also read that it only seems to be an issue for those who upgraded their batteries to Lithium and a higher voltage converter or charger. The fix has been to add a voltage regulator inline with the fan. I have the 7500 in my Solitude hooked directly to the 12V line with no issues. If I decide to get Lithium batteries, I will revisit the voltage regulator.
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R
    Factory Solar, Factory Disk Brakes, Heat Pump

2017 Reflection 29RS (Sold)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you. I'm leaning towards using power from the kitchen fan and throwing a regulator in now. Got time to waste since I have no tow vehicle. Appreciate the help fellas

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Typically a voltage regulator wants the input to be 2 or 3 volts above the voltage you want to use. So ideally you would have a constant 14+ Vdc line that you want to convert to 12v. When lithium batteries are charging, you could see voltages approach 14vDC. My fantastic fans regularly see 13.6vDC and I don't know of any problems. Anyway, to be save look at THIS converter. Cheap enough to try. The key to these is to watch the amps. My fantastic fan pulls 3 amps at max so (2) of these fans will overload the referenced converter; but you get the idea.

Thank you. I'm leaning towards using power from the kitchen fan and throwing a regulator in now. Got time to waste since I have no tow vehicle. Appreciate the help fellas
    2022 GD 2970RL (soon to be "released")
    2019 F350 Platinum, Shorter bed, Diesel, SRW, 3.55 rear, 55gal tank!
    2016 F150 Platinum (traded in for F350 fall 2019)
    2016 GD 2600rb (Sold)