User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post
    Obviously, not much in the way of "history" yet, as it was just done this past Tuesday, so here goes.

Temperatures. Install was done at 12:30 and by 3P, the temperature inside was 34 in the fridge, and 5 in the freezer, by 4:30/5P, the fridge was like 31 and the freezer was -2. I waited until around 6PM to put the cooling setting to a lower number. I went from 4 down to 3 and fridge temps seems to have stabilized at around 34 degrees. I left the freezer controller set to "0" degrees, and it seems to go from about 1 degree to about 3 degrees.....I may lower it just a bit, I may leave it where it's at.....but it sure is nice to be able to control the two sections separately. As you can see, the amount of time to cool the fridge/freezer down is dramatically reduced vs. the absorption fridge, which I would usually turn on at least 24 hrs before I was going to use it. With this one, probably 3 to 4 hours will be more than enough.

Power used: When both compressors are on at the same time, my clamp on amprobe is showing 12.64 amps, and that includes an added twin fan in the fresh food compartment. I haven't checked the compressors individually yet, but one is definitely smaller than the other, and the big one is for the freezer and the smaller one for the fresh food compartment. So using power while driving/towing the trailer. If I were to assume that the fridge ran 100% of the time it was turned on, and I have 302 AH of battery that I would feel comfortable taking down to about 20% state of charge left, here are the numbers for that. Using 80% of the battery is about 242 AH consumed and assuming nothing else is running in the RV. So the 242 divided by 12.64 amps when running and assuming 100% run time, that is just over 19 hours for the battery. The estimated run time is approx. 50%, so the 19 hours doubles and now you are looking at 38 hours of run time before the battery needs charged back up. I would think that the freezer section may not run quite as often as the fresh food section, so it may only start once ever hour or so....but it's unknown so far. That of course would increase the 38 hours of run time to maybe 40....45....???? who knows? Yesterday, when we travelled home from Georgetown, KY, (our mid overnight stop from Shipshewana) from the time I unplugged from shore power and let the battery run the fridge, and then arrived home a got done unloading the trailer, it was about 6 hours for the battery to have been supplying power to the fridge. It consumed almost 37 AHs in a 6 hr time slot.....so that figures in pretty close to it running for about a half hour of every hour. Ambient temperatures will affect that run time, and obviously with the doors of the fridge being closed the entire time of travel, helped a bit too. One thing I will point out though, all of this was done with an almost completely empty fridge....several bottles of water, a couple of Root beer soda, and a few left over slices of pizza from the night before...so basically empty. We all know that an empty fridge will not stay as cool as one that is loaded up, so my above numbers hopefully will improve when the fridge is loaded for several days of camping.

That's about all I can offer right now, other than how impressed I am with the results....a big thumbs up to JC Refrigerator and their employees for a very good experience so far.
    That is awesome! Looking forward to hearing more as you use it, but it sounds like the upgrade process is pretty dialed in as is the actual upgrade. Thanks!
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, for me "old age" is paying someone to do something that I could have done in my past. When researching this mod, the electrical would have been a cake walk for me, as I am a retired Journeyman Electrician (I topped out in 1980).....but the other side of the coin is that I will be 68 years old in November and even though I am in reasonably good health, it's just not the same as far as my body being able to take on strenuous jobs that require heavy lifting and such. So pretty much, you and I are in the same boat with feeling guilty about paying someone to do things that just a few years ago I wouldn't have hesitated to do myself. I'm slowly coming to terms with accepting it, but it's hard to do if you've spent your whole life being a DIYer.

In the last year or so, I've installed a set of airbags on my truck, installed a class III hitch to the back of the Momentum, did the Microwave/Convection recall on the trailer, and the one that probably got me the most was new trex decking on a 16' x 24' deck....including tearing off all the old wooden decking and installing all of the new trex decking and replacing some of the deck joists. My body hurt for at least three or four days even after the job was done.
    I had you pegged for a "younger guy," and I was right!

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So you are older than I am?..... Would have not guessed that

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So you are older than I am?..... Would have not guessed that
    Yes - but the exact number is classified.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post

Rob
    LOL....I understand "classified" for sure. Until I retired in 2020, I held a "Q" clearance at a NNSA/DOE National Defense facility......and the term "Need to know" comes to mind here......and I don't need to know!
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post

Rob
    LOL....I understand "classified" for sure. Until I retired in 2020, I held a "Q" clearance at a NNSA/DOE National Defense facility......and the term "Need to know" comes to mind here......and I don't need to know!
    So, I guess I'm the pup here... Turned 50 this year. To me age is a just a number, until I can't do what I used to do myself. I'm finding it takes about a day longer than it used to for me to recover. Now it's at least 3 days. Some days I think my body is getting even with me for rodeoing when I was much younger, and a whole bunch dumber!
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonShadow_1911 View Post
    So, I guess I'm the pup here... Turned 50 this year. To me age is a just a number, until I can't do what I used to do myself. I'm finding it takes about a day longer than it used to for me to recover. Now it's at least 3 days. Some days I think my body is getting even with me for rodeoing when I was much younger, and a whole bunch dumber!
    Lol, ain't that the truth. Getting real close to 50 and it took my back a couple of days to recover from tiling a simply powder room. Grrrrrr

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonShadow_1911 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    Lol, ain't that the truth. Getting real close to 50 and it took my back a couple of days to recover from tiling a simply powder room. Grrrrrr

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    OK, we're way off topic here, but... I was married by the time you two were born (but don't think of me as old enough to be your father). When I turned 40, I was a real horse's ********** about it. My late wife conspired with one of my lieutenants to throw me a surprise birthday party. I wasn't happy about turning 40 and I don't like surprises. One of my civilian nurses was the wife of the DCAS (deputy commander for administrative services - a full colonel and I was only a major at the time). Of course, they were there, too. I could have helped everyone have a better time but, fortunately, all were forgiving souls. When I complained about aging, my late wife would say, "It beats the alternative." Then she proved herself right.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    Full time since 08/2015

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder if this is something a mobile tech can do? I am in Texas so there is no way to pull the trailer that far. Any ideas?

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranchertx View Post
    I wonder if this is something a mobile tech can do? I am in Texas so there is no way to pull the trailer that far. Any ideas?
    You should contact JC Refrigeration. They can sell you the unit and ship it to you. They also have a list I believe of companies, installers and there could quite possibly be one fairly close to you. I have no idea what a mobile tech or one of these folks I'm talking about would charge for the install, but you should probably check into it and find out. It's a great mod.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast