User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We purchased our 22MLE when it was 10 months old. The previous owner had issues with the slide syncing and those problems continued during the first couple months we owned it. I had tried resyncing it several times, following a YouTube video, but it just didn't work. the front side always lagged the rear side, sometimes so severely it would simply bind up and stop. The last time out, it took six tries to get the slide in. I contacted Grand Design and our local GD service. The latter couldn't get us in until late July. GD customer service said you should not have to sync the motors more than once a quarter and suggested a mobile RV repairman. I found one near us in eastern Virginia and after a 3 week wait, he came out. As it turns out, it WAS a syncing issue and the owner's manual AND YouTube video recommendations are incorrect. Ours is now fixed and I hope the following description might save you the $150 of a service call.
    Start with the slide all the way in or out: you are going to sync both the inner and outer limits of the motors. With the slide in, push the out button ONLY until you hear the motors engage (slide does NOT have to move). Then push the in button and hold until the motors completely stop. Do this FOUR TIMES, which should successfully sync the inner limits.
    Next, run the slide all the way out and hold until the motors completely stop. Then, push in the IN button only until the motors engage (again, the slide doesn't need to move). Stop and push the OUT button and hold until the motors stop. Repeat this action four times; then you should have successfully synced the outer limits. Test by running the slide in and out.
    For the first time since we've owned it, the slide runs in and out smoothly, without binding.
    Hope this might be of help.
    Dick and Karen Durst
    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2019 Ford F-150 Lariat

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rdurst1 View Post
    We purchased our 22MLE when it was 10 months old. The previous owner had issues with the slide syncing and those problems continued during the first couple months we owned it. I had tried resyncing it several times, following a YouTube video, but it just didn't work. the front side always lagged the rear side, sometimes so severely it would simply bind up and stop. The last time out, it took six tries to get the slide in. I contacted Grand Design and our local GD service. The latter couldn't get us in until late July. GD customer service said you should not have to sync the motors more than once a quarter and suggested a mobile RV repairman. I found one near us in eastern Virginia and after a 3 week wait, he came out. As it turns out, it WAS a syncing issue and the owner's manual AND YouTube video recommendations are incorrect. Ours is now fixed and I hope the following description might save you the $150 of a service call.
    Start with the slide all the way in or out: you are going to sync both the inner and outer limits of the motors. With the slide in, push the out button ONLY until you hear the motors engage (slide does NOT have to move). Then push the in button and hold until the motors completely stop. Do this FOUR TIMES, which should successfully sync the inner limits.
    Next, run the slide all the way out and hold until the motors completely stop. Then, push in the IN button only until the motors engage (again, the slide doesn't need to move). Stop and push the OUT button and hold until the motors stop. Repeat this action four times; then you should have successfully synced the outer limits. Test by running the slide in and out.
    For the first time since we've owned it, the slide runs in and out smoothly, without binding.
    Thanks. This is good to know that the owners manual is incorrect. We just picked up our 2022 378MBS with the schwintek slide and I was reading the incorrect syncing process. Will use this one if I run into issues.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the feedback. Not having any issues currently but made a note of this just in case.
    2010 Tundra SR5 DC 5.7L 4x4
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Andersen WDH
    Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension Kit
    2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Butcher View Post
    Those that have time and know which end of the wrench to use, should try their online training course. https://lippert.thinkific.com/

I've taken many of their courses and they have taught me more than I need to know about everything they have. Even if you do not wrench, it does explain how systems work so you know when a professional is 'BS-ing' you.

All the courses are free, they are easy to follow, and if you are a DIY'er you will no longer be posting questions on how it works. Matter of fact, you may be the person helping everyone that does not know what is going on.
    Thanks for posting about the learning institute thru Lippert. I had not know that they had it. Now I will have something to do on the days it is to wet to modify the RV.
    2019 29rs
    2007 Ram diesel, 4x4 long bed
    CDL with tanker, hazmat, emergency vehicle, and bus endorsements

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're welcome but it's Lippert that deserves the credit. For what it is, it's done well.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have had 18 months of trouble free slide operation until today. Probably 15 trips. This procedure just saved us. I had it screen shot to my phone. Thanks for posting this
    2020 Ram CTD 2500 SC SB
    2021 Reflection 260RD
    Anderson Ultimate Hitch

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dick, question for you. I have been having this issue on one of my slides: push the out button; slide starts going out, then slows down, and then returns to normal. Push the in button; slide starts going in, but stops after a couple seconds. I push out button for about one second, stop, and push in button again and slide slides in with no more problems.

RV is in for maintenance and repairs now for a couple weeks; fall, six-week trip in two weeks. Service manager said they need to replace the motor, but they are having trouble getting one. I’m thinking this might be something to try?

Thanks for any thoughts you can share.

John
    John & Mary
    2019 Solitude 375RES
    2016 RAM 3500 Longhorn Limited - Mega Cab; 6.7L Cummins; SB; DRW; 4X4; Aisin; 4.10
    Curt A20 Slider

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    John, I would certainly try it, before going to the expense and hassle of replacing the motor. Our side was always a problem until I used this solution and has been fine since. Hope it works for you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you Thank you Thank you. We're on route to Yukon, down to Washington Oregon then east. We're in Northern Manitoba Canada July 7 /23 and the Sde on our 2022 , 22MLE is crooked. Your description of how to Sync it is PERFECT! Works like a charm. This just happened fro morning til this afternoon. Some rough under construction road likely did not help.

Thanks
    Gerry n Jane......and our " Flea bitten varmint"

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am so glad this helped you! Enjoy the rest of the trip.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast