User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

schwintek slide issues 22MLE

We have had a 2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE almost 2 years now with no issues. This Spring when we opened the trailer for the first time the slide went out with no issue. When I went to bring it in it stopped after moving a few inches. I used the controller to bring it in and noticed it was out of sync. I then re-timed the slide based on the You Tube video. I thought I was good but when we went on our first trip, it went out fine but when I tried to bring it in, it stopped again. I did the controller override and got it in so we could get home. At home I had to use the controller override to get it out again. It was way out of time, the kitchen end is behind the bedroom end and continues to run after the bedroom end stops. I have re-timed several times but it keeps getting out of sync at the kitchen end. I went out side and the roller along the bottom slide track it free and rolls on the bedroom end but I cannot move the one on the kitchen end.

The dealer cannot get us in until August and we have two more trips planned this Spring. Is it OK to continue to use the slide and the controller override to move the slide in and out for 2 more trips? Also, has anyone experienced this issue and has an idea what causes the slide to keep getting out of sync. I have been lubing the slide based on the You Tube video a few times a year.

Thanks in Advance
    RDG

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Idea. Swap cables between controller and motors and see if issue moves. If so then perhaps it’s the cable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Reflection 312 BHTS, Silverado 2500 Duramax

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It could be worth checking that your battery is not disconnected and if that’s ok check that your battery is fully charged.

The slide draws a lot from the battery even if you’re plugged into electricity.

Last fall I was preparing to winterize. I had put the slide out/in a few times for various reasons. I was plugged into house power but didn’t realize the battery was disconnected. I think after the 2nd time putting the slide out it exhibited the same behavior you’ve mentioned. I reset the controller, put it back out, but it would only come in a couple inches on one side. I scratched my head then it dawned on me that the battery was disconnected. I connected it, waited about 30 minutes and all was well, even till today.

Hope it’s that simple for you.
    2010 Tundra SR5 DC 5.7L 4x4
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Andersen WDH
    Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension Kit
    2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had a similar issue with ours. Same model and year. Dealer replaced the wiring harness from the controller to one of the motors and it fixed the problem. Apparently there was a pinched wire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the reply, I went out and checked the battery and all looks good, even checked the voltage. Thanks again, I was hopeful that was the problem.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for responding, I will give that a try and see if that help detect the issue.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So we have a 2021 22MLE. very similar problems last year. Long story short, bad controller. Thankfully it was covered under warranty. not a single problem since.
    hope this helps,
    Brian

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are there any codes on the controller?
    2019 F-250 Supercab
    2017 Imagine 2650RK

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe something in this will help https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...ings-Schwintek
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those that have time and know which end of the wrench to use, should try their online training course. https://lippert.thinkific.com/

I've taken many of their courses and they have taught me more than I need to know about everything they have. Even if you do not wrench, it does explain how systems work so you know when a professional is 'BS-ing' you.

All the courses are free, they are easy to follow, and if you are a DIY'er you will no longer be posting questions on how it works. Matter of fact, you may be the person helping everyone that does not know what is going on.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast