User Tag List

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Field & Stream Retail Store

Tami and I visited this retail store in the Dayton Ohio area for the first time yesterday. Seemed pretty well laid out. They had a small section for RV related simple parts, but that was expected as they are not just an RV related store. Clothing and camping apparel, outfitter selection I thought was great. I tend to like Carhartt brand clothing and they had a good selection at good prices. Fishing, hunting, boating, backpacking, hiking, kayaks, tents, rough camping supplies, coolers, just a good selection of most everything. We spent quite a bit of time in the store and bought some things we thought we needed. Fishing back packing vest with tons of zippered pockets, sharpening stone, Carhartt shirts, Tami found some cargo type shorts she liked, carabiner like "S" snap hooks.

If you were to list these kind of retail stores, F&S, Cabela's, Bass Pro Shops for camping supplies, hobby, activity supplies we like these the best. There are others like Dick's Sporting Good's (associated with F&S) old Gander Mountain now apart of Camping World not so much.
    Last edited by Steven@147; 05-19-2022 at 06:42 AM.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Field & Stream was the higher end arm of Dick's, and their store version that sold guns and ammo. Cabela's and Bass Pro are the same parent company now too, so not many real independent options.
    New: 2021 Solitude 380FL
    Prior: 2016 Alpine 3600RS
    Tow: 2017 F350 Diesel Dually

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you are into military history, the National Museum of the USAF is well worth the visit. Most time I've had the chance in one trip to spend there today as it was usually just a couple hours before flight home. Memphis Belle is now on display - I could spend days.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
    If you are into military history, the National Museum of the USAF is well worth the visit. Most time I've had the chance in one trip to spend there today as it was usually just a couple hours before flight home. Memphis Belle is now on display - I could spend days.
    Where is the museum located?
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonShadow_1911 View Post
    Where is the museum located?
    Wright Patterson Air Force Base in Dayton Ohio. Been there many times, well worth the time. We used to live in the area before moving to Texas.
    They also have an SR71 on display.

Back in the 70s I saw one from a long way away that landed at our Navy Air Base. Then again in Okinawa when one landed there, it kept the air traffic tied up for awhile, super secret back then. We were ordered not to look at it but I got a glimpse or two.
    But at Wight a few years ago was my first time up close.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@147 View Post
    Wright Patterson Air Force Base in Dayton Ohio. Been there many times, well worth the time. We used to live in the area before moving to Texas.
    They also have an SR71 on display.

Back in the 70s I saw one from a long way away that landed at our Navy Air Base. Then again in Okinawa when one landed there, it kept the air traffic tied up for awhile, super secret back then. We were ordered not to look at it but I got a glimpse or two.
    But at Wight a few years ago was my first time up close.
    Thanks! When the SR71 Took it's last commissioned flight to (I think it was Wright Patterson), back in the 80's, it flew over Denver, at over Mach 1, it was on the local news and the flight plan took it literally over my mother's house. It did create a sonic boom and rattled everything. As anyone who has seen one in flight will comment, it did look like a needle flying through the sky. From the ground perspective, it looked like it was maybe an inch long, and it took less than 10 minutes to travel from visible horizon to visible horizon. Not like any aircraft I've ever seen. It topped the flights of F15s, F16s, F22s, A10s (kind of), and all the helo flights, I've ever watched. (The A10s we're awesome, though. Slow and low!)

Anyhow, back to the OP's topic! Being and outdoorsy person, I love going into those big stores and setting what kind of gems I can find.
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We saw the store as we passed thru Dayton today...I waved and said hi to you..hope you heard us.
    We're currently overnighting in Bluffton.
    I used to daytrip with a group of carvers to just north of Dayton for one of the best Wood Carving shows in the country over in Vandalia near the airport.. sure do miss that show.Last one was in 2019.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/