User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
    Did Lippert send you the blank Flex Measurement sheet to fill out? To be on the safe side, I think I'll take the measurements also. If they diverge, I'll contact Lippert and open a case since I already have one open with GD.
    Just curious how many miles do you have on your Solitude?
    Yes, I contacted Lippert directly, they opened a case and sent me the pdf of the flex sheet. You can download it from LCI’s website, too. They were much more helpful than GD.

I’ll have to check our records, but I’d guess we have ~3000 miles on the 378. Had to cancel our longer trips due to warranty issues and being in the shop.
    2022 Solitude 378MBS-R
    2021 Ford F450 CC Lariat Ultimate FX4
    1966 Shasta Astroflyte (1 year restoration project that is going on year 6)

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fsalmy View Post
    Yes, I contacted Lippert directly, they opened a case and sent me the pdf of the flex sheet. You can download it from LCI’s website, too. They were much more helpful than GD.

I’ll have to check our records, but I’d guess we have ~3000 miles on the 378. Had to cancel our longer trips due to warranty issues and being in the shop.
    Sorry to hear that you had to cancel. Knock on wood, a couple of screws broke on our interior drawers and shower soap holder and waiting for a new bathroom mirror door and refrig door (dented at pickup) - mostly cosmetic stuff after our first 4600 miles. Going to measure though. Was able to download the form from LCI site.
    Thanks,
    John
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How did you measure from A to B? I can't get to the frame as the front of the compartment wall extends low enough to block a straight shot from Point A. If I look head on, I can't see the frame due to the compartment wall.

EDIT: Asked my son (heavy equip operator and maintenance) to come out and hold a tape measure for me. He looked head on to the trailer and said the Goosebox is aiming a bit to the drivers side. Caught me by surprise but as I looked head on it sure did look like he was correct. I have no idea how to possibly confirm but if he's right, I think that would have put added stress on the screws on the pax side and they all snapped.

EDIT2: Took a straight edge and placed along the sides of the front cap in front of the trim pieces and measured from the inside of the wing at the top of the pin box. Off-door side was 1/2" shorter than door side.
    Last edited by ajg617; 07-03-2022 at 02:58 PM.
    Robin & John
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How did you measure from A to B? I can't get to the frame as the front of the compartment wall extends low enough to block a straight shot from Point A. If I look head on, I can't see the frame due to the compartment wall.
    EDIT: Asked my son (heavy equip operator and maintenance) to come out and hold a tape measure for me. He looked head on to the trailer and said the Goosebox is aiming a bit to the drivers side. Caught me by surprise but as I looked head on it sure did look like he was correct. I have no idea how to possibly confirm but if he's right, I think that would have put added stress on the screws on the pax side and they all snapped.
    I’d contact both Lippert and Reese. They both have been very helpful and responsive. I’ve looked to see if the goosebox is square and it’s extremely difficult to tell by sight alone. Sometimes I think it’s off, other times it looks square. Reese had me take a bunch of photos and measurements, but those were all in spec. Lippert works very closely with Reese and got their engineers together to discuss our issues..

EDIT2: Took a straight edge and placed along the sides of the front cap in front of the trim pieces and measured from the inside of the wing at the top of the pin box. Off-door side was 1/2" shorter than door side.
    Had the same issue with point B, so we also used a straight edge just behind the front compartment trim and against the small amount of visible frame rail. Had to use a lift truck for the lifted/weighted measurement because my tail gate interfered too much when hitched. Started to take the tailgate off, but decided to get measurements at the dealer to help “support” my case.

For the upcoming inspection/service, Dealer is going to measure again using a tape and a laser after somehow clamping straight edge to frame. I’m not entirely confident in the precision of the measurements and being able to detect a problem. Dropping the filon may be the only way to identify a problem - assuming everything that needs to be inspected is actually accessible/visible.
    2022 Solitude 378MBS-R
    2021 Ford F450 CC Lariat Ultimate FX4
    1966 Shasta Astroflyte (1 year restoration project that is going on year 6)

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have a case open with both Grand Design and Lippert. Can't get a call back from Grand Design but have been in contact with Lippert. Lippert doesn't care where point B is as long as it is consistent (for example x inches down on the front landing gear) and a straight shot to point A. I'm not sure the Upper Deck Flex Measurement diagram is going to validate my concern that the wings may not be perpendicular to the chassis frame and my pin box might be angled to the off-door side.

Trying to set up an appointment with the selling dealership but they have a very odd voicemail saying they are not accepting new customers - whatever that means. Complicating all this is my TV goes in for the CP4 recall tomorrow so I'm not sure when I'll be getting it back.
    Robin & John

2023 stays

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't take measurements with weight off of landing gear - even with tailgate off. But, I did add a measurement which is my real concern. From lower front corners of pin box to frame edges on each side. I also measured from front and rear tube to top of pin box on each wing - 1/8" lower front and rear on the off-door side which matches the difference in mounting holes.

Note the difference between door and off door sides. I guess this is my real concern regarding reason for door side screws snapping and ball wear.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Flex form Solitude 310GK.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	93.4 KB 
ID:	41725
    Robin & John

2023 stays

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fsalmy View Post
    I’d contact both Lippert and Reese. They both have been very helpful and responsive. I’ve looked to see if the goosebox is square and it’s extremely difficult to tell by sight alone. Sometimes I think it’s off, other times it looks square. Reese had me take a bunch of photos and measurements, but those were all in spec. Lippert works very closely with Reese and got their engineers together to discuss our issues..
    Received an email today from GD regional SM saying cease and desist on contacting LCI or GD directly. LCI was ignored by GD and Reese has been terrible (at least that service rep) - not their problem from the start.
    Robin & John

2023 stays

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dealer is dropping filon on Aug 5th - was lucky to get in that soon.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Curious to hear the results on if the frame. We haven't noticed anything yet with ours but we still have the original pin box, but it is one of the main things I worry about.
    Former 2022 Solitude 310GKR w/8K axles & disc brakes, factory solar
    Formerly 2019 Reflection 230RL, 2019 Reflection 320MKS, and 2015 Outback Terrain 230TRS

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pawsitivedivetraining View Post
    Curious to hear the results on if the frame. We haven't noticed anything yet with ours but we still have the original pin box, but it is one of the main things I worry about.
    Dealer said they have only dropped one other filon and GD bought the coach back from the owner. I hope it doesn't get to that. I noticed the screws snapped on I-70 in Missouri. I would like to be an observer when they drop it - not likely to be allowed to but I may hang out at the dealership.
    Robin & John

2023 stays

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast