User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
    Received an email today from GD regional SM saying cease and desist on contacting LCI or GD directly. LCI was ignored by GD and Reese has been terrible (at least that service rep) - not their problem from the start.
    I don't understand that "request", even though I got something similar. LCI has been more than helpful and they are the ones that authorized and are reimbursing my dealer for the upper deck inspection, not GD. LCI provided specific guidance to me and to the dealer on what and how to inspect. What did GD do? Nothing. Reese has been very responsive, too and even got their engineers together with LCI to discuss the issue. What did GD do? Nothing. Because of the 60+ warranty issues we have dealt with in the 11 months we have owned this rig, many of which have been significant issues and have taken the rig out of service for 2-3 months at a time, I asked GD to show some good will by overnighting me some critical parts (to a campground in Maine). GD said, no. I offered to pay for it myself since we could not find the parts in stock in Maine, NH or VT. They said, no. I asked why? I was told that only the Corporate VP of something could authorize overnight shipping. I asked if that was true even if I prepay for it or send a prepaid shipping label. The answer was, no, the VP would not authorize the shipment. I asked to speak to a supervisor, but was told that I was speaking to a supervisor and shipping wasn't going to happen. At this point, I became pretty frustrated, and with patience wearing thin, I let the Regional SM know, in no uncertain words, that I was none too pleased. I didn't curse, but boy, I sure wanted to. The selling dealer ended up ordering the parts for me. Its been 2.5 months since that call and I still don't have the parts. GD sent me an email stating to contact our selling dealer for parts from now on and not GD.

I will say in the early stages of this current problem, GD was responsive, opened a case, told me to go ahead with my intended repairs of replacing the screws. I did and then when I followed up with deck flexion measurements per LCI guidance, a different Regional SM sent me an email requesting I not contact her or GD directly anymore even if I was following up on an open case number. She asked that I use the general customer service email and to write separate emails for each and every issue.

I will mention we had a professional pre-purchase inspection performed (8 hr inspection) before we ever got to the dealer (~4 hours away). That inspection plus the dealer's own PDI found about 15, mostly minor issues that were not included in the 60+ items that have occurred since we took possession. The PDI items were corrected before we closed the deal, even though GD was slow to approve them. I can post a list of the 60 something issues or even the 20+ pages of service orders if anyone thinks I am exaggerating. It may actually be over 70 items at this point since I added 10 new warranty issues to the list for the dealer to address during the current service appointment.

John, I'll send you a PM with my contacts at LCI and Reese. GD can pound sand if they think I will not exercise my option to contact whoever I think can provide assistance. In my experience, LCI and Reese genuinely seem to want to help. GD, not so much. Very disappointed since GD's stance in this regard appears to be 180* to what I've experienced in the past.
    2022 Solitude 378MBS-R
    2021 Ford F450 CC Lariat Ultimate FX4
    1966 Shasta Astroflyte (1 year restoration project that is going on year 6)

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dealer said they have only dropped one other filon and GD bought the coach back from the owner.
    At this point, GD can have ours.
    2022 Solitude 378MBS-R

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fsalmy View Post
    Very disappointed since GD's stance in this regard appears to be 180* to what I've experienced in the past.
    This is exactly what I have experienced and by the same regional service manager that I initially engaged with. Something amiss here especially when LCI tells me to get it to a dealer ASAP and ignores the 'Do NOT call' mandate from GD.
    Last edited by ajg617; 07-26-2022 at 09:24 AM.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dealer is dropping filon tomorrow for measurements to give LCI and GD. The shop foreman is doing the work - too many techs out with COVID yet again. Should have their findings this weekend. If all goes well, get it back early next week and move forward with next adventure.
    Robin & John
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dealer is dropping filon tomorrow for measurements to give LCI and GD. The shop foreman is doing the work - too many techs out with COVID yet again. Should have their findings this weekend. If all goes well, get it back early next week and move forward with next adventure.
    Any updates from the dealer yet?
    Former 2022 Solitude 310GKR w/8K axles & disc brakes, factory solar
    Formerly 2019 Reflection 230RL, 2019 Reflection 320MKS, and 2015 Outback Terrain 230TRS

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pawsitivedivetraining View Post
    Any updates from the dealer yet?
    No despite a number of phone calls, voicemails, emails. Don't know if GD and LCI are not reviewing the results quickly (dealer service manager did complain about GD being non-responsive to the dealership in the last few months) or that there may be an issue they haven't told me about yet. I'm thinking about driving over today with truck and just say I'm ready to pick it up and see what the dealer says. The emails have had both LCI and GD reps that have been working the open cases on them and nobody is responding.

EDIT: According to both LCI and GD, no results have been provided by the dealership of last weeks inspection.
    Last edited by ajg617; 08-11-2022 at 09:57 AM.
    Robin & John

2023 stays

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EDIT: According to both LCI and GD, no results have been provided by the dealership of last weeks inspection.
    That has got to be very disappointing. When the dealer dropped the filon on our coach, I got a call from the service manager saying they were buttoning everything up and didn't find any issues. He did say they took numerous photos and documented everything and that it would take a few days to get it all compiled and sent to LCI and GD. Maybe that is what is going on with your coach. A courtesy call from the dealer would be nice, though, whether good or bad news.

Our 378 is still in the shop (24 days now). Waiting on parts and more warranty approvals. I will admit that part of the delay was due to the dealership going through an ownership change with all new computer systems. Parts could not be ordered for several days during the system swap over.
    Last edited by Fsalmy; 08-11-2022 at 12:28 PM.
    2022 Solitude 378MBS-R

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Drove over and the hold-up was dealer hadn't submitted paperwork to GD or LCI. Everything checked out normal and it was done last Friday. I took it home and am now going to finish up getting ready for trip. Magically, one off-door rear tire (about 8 lbs) and goosebox were low on pressure. Can't see anything in the tire.

I feel sorry for you. If your dealership is like mine, the service writers are overwhelmed and short staffed. If I hadn't gone over, he would not have responded to my earlier voicemails and email from LCI - just too much to do.
    Robin & John

2023 stays

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Drove over and the hold-up was dealer hadn't submitted paperwork to GD or LCI. Everything checked out normal and it was done last Friday. I took it home and am now going to finish up getting ready for trip. Magically, one off-door rear tire (about 8 lbs) and goosebox were low on pressure. Can't see anything in the tire.

I feel sorry for you. If your dealership is like mine, the service writers are overwhelmed and short staffed. If I hadn't gone over, he would not have responded to my earlier voicemails and email from LCI - just too much to do.
    Glad it checked out normal. Hopefully the screws don't keep popping off. We just hit 11000 miles towing with ours since February and haven't had that issue yet but just found the Eterna bond type tape on each slide is wearing through. Since we are in Elkhart now, may have to go see if I can pickup some more to redo them with. Always something on these things.
    Former 2022 Solitude 310GKR w/8K axles & disc brakes, factory solar
    Formerly 2019 Reflection 230RL, 2019 Reflection 320MKS, and 2015 Outback Terrain 230TRS

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pawsitive Camping Life View Post
    Glad it checked out normal. Hopefully the screws don't keep popping off. We just hit 11000 miles towing with ours since February and haven't had that issue yet but just found the Eterna bond type tape on each slide is wearing through. Since we are in Elkhart now, may have to go see if I can pickup some more to redo them with. Always something on these things.
    Thank you. Preliminary verdict is factory over-torqued the screws. I have extra screws now and a role of Eterna bond and sealant and duct tape.
    Robin & John

2023 stays

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123