User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Adding pendant lights over island?

2019 295RL Reflection 150. Would like to add two pendant lights over the island. Already have the pendants lights and I'm using the remote controlled battery operated LED's to avoid running power. Does anyone know if power is routed over the island? Any suggestions on a fastener that will do a good job of distributing the clamping capacity so that I don't split the thin luan ceiling as we bounce down the highway? The fixture is less than four pounds.

Thank you

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just installed pendant lights, I found power to the roof fan which was kinda nearby the pendant location. Just remove the fans trim piece and wires will be there. I attached THIS device to fan power wires and velcro the remote to the wall by the stove. This way we can operate the pendants independent of house lites. Oh, about the support, I used some scrap plywood strips. Cut a 5/8" hole near center (so wire can pass thru) and with one hand holding in position above ceiling, run drywall screws thru bracket thru ceiling and into the plywood. You might need to "rubber band" your arm to hold the plywood in place for first screw to catch. NOTE: We found THESE pendant shades to be a VERY close patch to countertop and dining table.

Quote Originally Posted by jhadrick View Post
    2019 295RL Reflection 150. Would like to add two pendant lights over the island. Already have the pendants lights and I'm using the remote controlled battery operated LED's to avoid running power. Does anyone know if power is routed over the island? Any suggestions on a fastener that will do a good job of distributing the clamping capacity so that I don't split the thin luan ceiling as we bounce down the highway? The fixture is less than four pounds.

Thank you
    2022 GD 2970RL (soon to be "released")
    2019 F350 Platinum, Shorter bed, Diesel, SRW, 3.55 rear, 55gal tank!
    2016 F150 Platinum (traded in for F350 fall 2019)
    2016 GD 2600rb (Sold)

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't mount anything to a Luan ceiling - especially an RV bouncing down the road. A better approach would be to make a nice wood panel and mount it to the ceiling joists properly. You can then mount the pendant lights to that. As mentioned, you may find 12VDC in the ceiling for the vent fan that you could use.

Rob
    Last edited by Second Chance; 05-19-2022 at 01:17 PM.
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We added pendant lights to our 2019 295RL . We like them a lot. Battery operated - take them down and pack them away when on the road.

Trying to add a picture. I will send when I can figure it out.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100_2491.jpg  
    2019 Reflection 150 - 295RL
    2018 F-150 Heavy Duty Payload
    Max Trailer Tow

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jhadrick View Post
    Thank you!
    @jhadrick -

I was remiss in welcoming you to the forum in my previous post. Here are a few forum tips:

1) If you use "Reply With Quote" (to the right of "Reply") as I have here, folks will know to whom you are responding and that person will get a notification.

2) You can also tag folks using the "@" symbol and their user name (as I have done yours) - they'll also get a notification that way.

3) You can create a signature block with your RV and tow vehicle information (see mine below). That way you won't have to repeat that information whenever you post or ask a question - and others won't have to ask. You can create a signature by going to:

Forum Actions (on menu bar) -> Edit Profile -> Edit Signature (under My Settings on the left)

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks great! How did you decide where to fasten the board to the ceiling?

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been awhile but I believe I used a stud finder to find good places for the screws.
    2019 Reflection 150 - 295RL
    2018 F-150 Heavy Duty Payload
    Max Trailer Tow

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GWKincade View Post
    We added pendant lights to our 2019 295RL . We like them a lot. Battery operated - take them down and pack them away when on the road.

Trying to add a picture. I will send when I can figure it out.
    Did your 2019 Reflection 150-295RL already have the wood base, if not where did you purchase it from? (Our 2022 Reflection 150-295RL does not have a wood base over the island.)
    Retired
    2022 RAM 2500 CC SB Limited 6.4L
    2022 Reflection 150 Series, 295RL
    (Previously in an Imagine 2600RB TT)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if using power from the vent fan, wouldn't the fan have to be turned on to be able to power the pendant lights?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast