User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question 12v Issues on a 1/3 of the 12v Fed devices.

Interesting issue. 2021 297 RSTS, last year after storm discovered all 12v lights, awning, fridge etc did not work. I went to check the battery, dropped it, put it back up and everything worked again. I know funny right? This year, opened it up checked all 12v all worked. Storm rolls through, now Main over head lights, Awning and stabilizing jacks do not work. Fridge, Water Heater, stereo, etc all work. Pull fuses to the things not working, no light comes on at all, pull fuses to things that work, Red Light.

Has anyone else experienced something like this?

I appreciate it, Thanks

Shannon

2021 297RSTS
    2022 F150 Powerboost

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shanzman View Post
    Interesting issue. 2021 297 RSTS, last year after storm discovered all 12v lights, awning, fridge etc did not work. I went to check the battery, dropped it, put it back up and everything worked again. I know funny right? This year, opened it up checked all 12v all worked. Storm rolls through, now Main over head lights, Awning and stabilizing jacks do not work. Fridge, Water Heater, stereo, etc all work. Pull fuses to the things not working, no light comes on at all, pull fuses to things that work, Red Light.

Has anyone else experienced something like this?

I appreciate it, Thanks

Shannon

2021 297RSTS
    2022 F150 Powerboost
    It sounds like you have some loose connections in your 12v power center.

Many people try to find problems with 12v power by checking that there is positive voltage getting to the device (in this case the fuse), however, I have found that most of my electrical gremlins happen on the negative side due to poor ground connections. Be sure you have good metal to metal contact where ever you have a ground connection.

I bet if you pull out your power center (be sure your 120v is off and/or disconnected from the coach) and check all the connections/connectors you will find either loose connections or corrosion at the connection points.

Good luck and let us know what the issue turns out to be.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you,

I will check all connections. My thought was a ground somewhere, but the fact that some of the 12V is working kind of threw me off.
    Shannon
    2021 297RSTS
    2022 F150 Powerboost
    [email protected]

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you,

I will check all connections. My thought was a ground somewhere, but the fact that some of the 12V is working kind of threw me off.
    Don't let that throw you off, they will use the most convenient place available to ground the return side of the circuit.....in other words, all the different stuff that is 12VDC in the trailer will be grounded in different locations throughout the trailer. I concur with the above responses about it likely being a ground issue somewhere, or even in multiple locations.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On our Imagine there's a grounding bolt under the frame rail with multiple wires on it. Occasionally I remove the bolt, sand the ring terminals and frame, and use some electrical corrosion protector before reassembly.
    2019 F-250 Supercab
    2017 Imagine 2650RK

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tightening the Connections on the Bloc did the trick. I will hit them with spray on silicon so water can't cause an issue. Thanks for all the input
    Shannon
    2021 297RSTS
    2022 F150 Powerboost
    [email protected]

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tightening the Connections on the Bloc did the trick. I will hit them with spray on silicon so water can't cause an issue. Thanks for all the input
    Glad to hear you've solved the problem. Looks like you're new here, welcome aboard.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you. Yes I bought last July, I got 3 camps with it before I had to hide it for the winter here in MN.
    Shannon
    2021 297RSTS
    2022 F150 Powerboost
    [email protected]