Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Steadyfast install on reflection 31mb question

I am going to install some steadyfast arms on my 2022 reflection 31mb. Has anybody done this and can help out with how you installed them with the gas lines on the drivers side? Did you move them or make it work without? Did you modify or move them to avoid the lines? Thanks in advance!

Andy

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Andy,

I put the Steadyfast system on my 28BH Not quite the same as a 31mb but pretty close. It took two of us about 6 hours going slow to make sure we did not mess something up. My gas lines are straight down my left frame rail so I did as little on that side as possible. I did not use the self taping bolts from the kit at most attach points. I used bolts, washers, lock washers and lock nuts everywhere I could to make sure it stayed where I put it.

I put them on this way:
    Front end side to side - wing nut on the front left corner frame rail, attach to front right pad
    Front end front to back - attach to front right pad and wing nut on the right frame rail about 5 feet back
    Back end side to side - wing nut on the right side frame rail, attach to left rear pad.

Doing it this way I did not have any gas line issues as I only had one wing nut attachment point under the front left corner. I also put on Snap Pads during the install process. The Steadyfast system and the Snap Pads have been a great addition and I would do it again.

Kevin
    Kevin and Jennifer
    2016 RAM 3500 Laramie Mega Cab CTD Aisin 4x4 SRW
    2019 Reflection 28BH (Built 2/2019)
    - 78" Theater Seat, Second AC, Dual Pane Windows
    - Sailun 235/85 R16 Tires
    Blue Ox Super Ride BXR7200 with a Demco Factory Prep Bracket 6099

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin2282 View Post
    Hi Andy,

I put the Steadyfast system on my 28BH Not quite the same as a 31mb but pretty close. It took two of us about 6 hours going slow to make sure we did not mess something up. My gas lines are straight down my left frame rail so I did as little on that side as possible. I did not use the self taping bolts from the kit at most attach points. I used bolts, washers, lock washers and lock nuts everywhere I could to make sure it stayed where I put it.

I put them on this way:
    Front end side to side - wing nut on the front left corner frame rail, attach to front right pad
    Front end front to back - attach to front right pad and wing nut on the right frame rail about 5 feet back
    Back end side to side - wing nut on the right side frame rail, attach to left rear pad.

Doing it this way I did not have any gas line issues as I only had one wing nut attachment point under the front left corner. I also put on Snap Pads during the install process. The Steadyfast system and the Snap Pads have been a great addition and I would do it again.

Kevin
    Did the battery box location on the front left (where line is) get in the way of install, or were you able to route the pipe in between the box and the Landing jack? Any issues with the wing nut and clearance of the jack and pad?

Andy

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudhendriver View Post
    Did the battery box location on the front left (where line is) get in the way of install, or were you able to route the pipe in between the box and the Landing jack? Any issues with the wing nut and clearance of the jack and pad?

Andy
    Hi Andy,

I had enough clearance between the battery box and the front left jack to make everything work great. See the attached photo.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SteadyFast 28BH.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	89.6 KB 
ID:	40721

Sorry about the rotated photo.
    Kevin and Jennifer

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Andy,

I had enough clearance between the battery box and the front left jack to make everything work great. See the attached photo.

Thankyou! I was worried about that clearance and the possibility that the jack and/or footpad and release would interfere with the wing nut. Glad to hear it works! I hope the dimensions match the 31mb, but it looks pretty close!

Andy

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Andy,

Did you end up drilling and countersinking the bolts into the foot pads or weld? Any tips? I am hoping to drill and countersink.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did the drill and countersink method. Go slow and keep checking the bolt. I did not countersink very far because I was putting on Snap Pads.
    Kevin and Jennifer