Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trailrydr View Post
    Unfortunately, we couldnt find any black ones. So we had had to get some spray paint and paint them ourselves. Used a Rustoleum Espresso 2X from Walmart to cover them. Just be sure to wipe them down with alcohol first before spraying.

As for the bathroom register, we swapped it out too and also noticed that it looked like a return vent. We never use the heater in our 5er, just use the fireplace and a ceramic space heater which does good for temps 50 and above to keep it in the low 70's.

However, under the kitchen hutch bottom center drawer It appears that a return air area may exist there also without a register on it. Its easier to see once you remove the drawer.
    Yes I have noticed that return air area without a register, it's quite large, which is why no register I think. Not sure why they went black anyhow with the registers, as the flooring is a lighter colour. Personally I think the tan ones might be better suited.
    2016 Chevy Silverado LT Duramax
    2022 Reflection 295RL, after owning 2 Rockwood 8289's

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goducks14 View Post
    All the cabinet framing is contact paper over wood. It's how most all RV's are made. To get real wood framing or real wood doors you have to spend $$$$$. Most all things you see in RV's is smoke and mirrors. Products are made to look expensive but are really cheaply made.
    After taking our unit out of storage last week , we noticed that over the winter, 3 of our cabinet fronts as well as the fridge front discoloured quite badly, almost like a bleached look. Blinds were drawn all winter, so it can't be from the sun. Reported it as a warranty issue so we will see what comes of it.
    2016 Chevy Silverado LT Duramax
    2022 Reflection 295RL, after owning 2 Rockwood 8289's

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by luvmyrv View Post
    After taking our unit out of storage last week , we noticed that over the winter, 3 of our cabinet fronts as well as the fridge front discolored quite badly, almost like a bleached look. Blinds were drawn all winter, so it can't be from the sun. Reported it as a warranty issue so we will see what comes of it.
    Door and drawer fronts are solid wood so it's probably a bad batch of finish or prep before finish is sprayed on. Hopefully GD just sends you some new fronts.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I 2020 29RS, same problem with the door above the register. Glad to see other have the problem too. Not happy that there is not a 'fix'.

I guess removing the door would allow an extra inch or two to get around the bed. Once that is removed, maybe a flush mounted TV to fit into the wall.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our bathroom door had a similar issue from us handling it on the vertical edge and the bottom guide rubbing it. I glued it and added a clear plastic edge piece you get at home depot/lowes to protect corners. Not the most appealing but has solved the problem for the past year.
    Imagine 2020 2670MK,
    2021 RAM 2500

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Delaminating barn door

I had same problem. I installed kick plates
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20230201_171749.jpg   20230201_171811.jpg   Screenshot_20230201_171924_Samsung Internet.jpg  

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dpiatt View Post
    I had same problem. I installed kick plates
    Thanks for that solution, GD is sending me a new door....that I'll install a 'kick plate' on as well.

Bad design, but...eh...got a new door from them.

Dave
    2021 Reflection 150 Series 295RL
    Tow Vehicle 2020 Ford F-250 FX4 6.2L
    PULLIT 5th Wheel Hitch
    Home Base Hobe Sound FL

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12