User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Insight Rear View Camera

Had an Imagine with Furion Rear View Camera and separate monitor. Did not use it for backing but relied on it while towing when getting ready to change lanes. Sold the Imagine a few months ago and bought new 2022 Reflection 260RD that came with what dealer said was much better Insight Camera. On our first trip, I had a lot of trouble keeping the camera connected to the phone app. I could view approaching traffic for few minutes, then loose signal. Sometimes it would sporadically reconnect, but most time had to stop app and start over. Finally, turned it off. Called Lippert CS, and to my disappointment, I was informed the camera is for "backing up" only. It will not function reliably when driving down road. This is no signal booster or camera setting to change that. I was told I need a Furion Camera if I need to use it while driving. GD Reflection Brochure lists camera as "wide-angle rear view camera". Says nothing about "back-up camera". Anyone have thoughts about this?
    Marty and Teresa Hawkins
    Mount Olive, AL
    2022 Reflection 260RD
    2022 GMC Sierra 3500 SLT

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The thoughts I have would not be allowed on this forum.
    2018 Solitude 375 RES 2022 F450 Powerstroke Dually

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just purchased our 260RD and like you have the same problem with the camera, just wondering if you ever resolved the problem. We are thinking about replacing it with something that will work all the time. I had a camera on my TT and found it to be awesome when going down the road and changing lanes. I hope that I can find a camera that will replace the original one without too much work.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ronsbh View Post
    We just purchased our 260RD and like you have the same problem with the camera, just wondering if you ever resolved the problem. We are thinking about replacing it with something that will work all the time. I had a camera on my TT and found it to be awesome when going down the road and changing lanes. I hope that I can find a camera that will replace the original one without too much work.
    The Insight camera did not work for me, I replaced it with this one (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078PDH6Z8) which has worked well both for backing and over the road.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundsailor View Post
    The Insight camera did not work for me, I replaced it with this one (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078PDH6Z8) which has worked well both for backing and over the road.
    Thanks for the information. The camera that you installed, was it mostly plug and play? I have a furrion but I am not sure if they all connect the same way or not. Could you share some of the installation issue if any that you had. I just hauling something that long and not being able to see the back of the trailer when changing lanes.
    Ron

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ronsbh View Post
    Thanks for the information. The camera that you installed, was it mostly plug and play? I have a furrion but I am not sure if they all connect the same way or not. Could you share some of the installation issue if any that you had. I just hauling something that long and not being able to see the back of the trailer when changing lanes.
    Ron
    Sorry, I don't know anything about the Furrion. The AMTIFO I installed comes with everything I needed at way less than the price of the monitor that Lippert wanted to sell me. It includes a 7-inch monitor that I attach to the rearview mirror with a modified Haloview mount. The only installation issue was the trailer wiring, don't disconnect the Insight camera from the Wago connectors, just cut off the leads and splice in the new camera there (I have a thread elsewhere on why that is). You'll need to drill a couple of small holes for the mount, I used silicone to seal those and fill the old holes.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S