User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonShadow_1911 View Post
    Do you have the link to the quart? I can only find the little bottles.
    https://www.amazon.com/Lab-Bulks-Ess...s%2C224&sr=8-8

https://www.amazon.com/Peppermint-Es...s%2C224&sr=8-9

https://www.amazon.com/Bulk-Peppermi...NsaWNrPXRydWU=
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonShadow_1911 View Post
    Do you have the link to the quart? I can only find the little bottles.
    This is what we use, never a problem
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Len

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello! we've switched from steel wool to bronze wool to avoid the rust. Use this stuff around our house bulkhead too. Have not had any mice in the house or rv the past 2 years. The trick is finding the nooks and crannies they squeeze through, which can be tough.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you are going to use traps you might want to try this: I take a d-Con block and cut it into chunks and hot glue a little to the trigger mechanism. I don’t have to worry about cheese or peanut butter drying out or falling off. I check my camper weekly in the winter. If I get a mouse I often just have to dispose of the critter and the trap doesn’t have to have fresh bait put on. This was our first winter with our 303 and I couldn’t believe we didn’t catch one mouse in the eight traps we set. In our Jayco travel trailer I’d get 7-8 each winter. I think it’s luck, but what a relief. I think a mouse can squeeze through a quarter inch opening.
    Mike & Linda
    303RLS
    2013 F250 Turbo Diesel Crew Cab

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Following this thread. We have a 2018 303 and I have never noticed any "holes" or daylight in the corner of any slides when they are in or out.

Can someone educate me where these "holes" are located
    Geoff and Cheri
    2011 F250 CC 6.7L
    Firestone Ride Rite Airbags
    Pull Rite 16k SuperGlide
    2018 Reflection 303RLS, Build date 9/2017
    USMC-Retired
    Thin Blue Line - Retired

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by flourhair View Post
    We bought our 2022 Imagine 2970RL travel trailer last July 2021. Used it twice and then time to store. Spray foamed every nook and cranny underneath the rig. Had slide outs in when this was done. We have had campers travel trailers with wheels you name it for years and years and never had any mice issues. We always make sure we spray foam everything so nothing can get in. Opened up travel trailer to get ready for memorial day holiday and found it was infested with mice. Brand new trailer my heart broke. Mice poop pee everywhere. There was no food left in this camper and it was left sparkling clean. They brought their own food in pine nut shells everywhere. Had To throw the mattress away and spent a week of heavy and deep cleaning. Looking for where they got in. We noticed when the slide outs were out we could see daylight in each corner. There were holes that you could see daylight out of in the slides. Called Grand design and they said that’s how they make it so that water can escape if it happens to get behind the rubber seal on the slide out. I said well what about the mice that got in my trailer and completely destroyed it over the winter. She said she would send me some plugs for those holes but then we may end up with water in our fifth wheel. So I guess my choice is mice or water lol. We’re still trying to find a way to plug those holes. Can’t use spray foam because it’s a moving part. The mice actually chewed some of the rubber seal to make a bigger hole so they could get in easier. Any suggestions from anyone who has experience this would be so appreciated.
    I was told by someone many, many moons ago that if the mice want to get in they will. With that mindset, I put out Rat-X every winter in the camper. So far, I have never had to dispose of a dead one, but if they do get in, the Rat-X will dry them up with no smell.
    2020 Solitude 380FL-R
    2019 Ford F-350 DRW
    B&W Companion Hitch

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is almost impossible to find every hole that mice can use to invade your trailer. We had mice in ours and the only thing that worked was peppermint oil. I put down squares of aluminum foil (to prevent staining) and then put a liberal amount of concentrated peppermint on a cotton pad and they do NOT like it. It’s a relatively inexpensive solution and certainly worked for us.
    2020 Imagine 2970RL

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurus2415 View Post
    It is almost impossible to find every hole that mice can use to invade your trailer. We had mice in ours and the only thing that worked was peppermint oil. I put down squares of aluminum foil (to prevent staining) and then put a liberal amount of concentrated peppermint on a cotton pad and they do NOT like it. It’s a relatively inexpensive solution and certainly worked for us.
    Yep, they will find holes you even see. We use the old method of an automotive antifreeze and peanut butter to catch them if they get past the missed entry points. Drill 2 small holes near the top and opposite sides of a 5 gallon bucket. Punch small holes on top and bottom of a beer/pop can. String a wire through the can and holes in the bucket. Smear peanut butter on the can and put an appropriate piece of wood for a ramp up to the top of the bucket. Nothing fancy. Dump a jug of automotive, not rv, antifreeze into the bucket. We manage a remote fishing club in Quebec with a number of old log houses and use this method. Also did the same with out 5th. We also put one under the rig to pre-empt entry. Good luck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2 years now No Mice - We use steal wool in the water panel hose access hole (Permanent Camp Site) Winterized, all slides come in - Spray a mixture of Tea Tree & Peppermint Oil, about 30 drops each/1/2 gallon water in a tank sprayer, all around the camper legs (anything that touches the ground) This also helps for ant invasions. I spray this around a few times a year - And of course wife has bounce sheets all over the camper, these for sure help with bugs/ants in the outdoor kitchen! Just be careful with the the essential oils, this stuff is supper potent, a little goes a long way!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We use Bounce Dryer sheets and moth balls in bags. I put the sheets in every drawer and around the room then I throw the moth ball bags in each room. I also use both in every outside compartment and put a bag of moth balls on the tires and the top of the steps. Seems to work. Of course, you have to air out for days. We did not use the trailer for over a year, and no problems. Over kill, maybe, but better than visitors! Never heard of the steel wood. Will have to give it a try.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast