User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hitch Recommendation

Hi, I'm new to the forum but not new to RV life. I'm hoping to get some thoughts regarding the best hitch for pulling my 2019 Reflection 337RLS. I've been towing the unit with a 2019 GMC Denali HD 2500. I recently purchased a 2022 GMC Denali HD 3500. Unfortunately the B&W Companion slider hitch that I used in the 2019 will not fit the puc system in the new truck. I'm thinking about getting a Reese Goose Ball or an Anderson Ultimate hitch. Both of the trucks have the standard bed (6'6" on the 2019) and (6'8" on the 2022). My concern with the two hitches I'm considering is clearance on the bed rails and the cab clearance.

On the 2019 I didn't have to use the slider because the clearance for the cab was sufficient in all the instances. The only time I ever used the slider, I damaged my tailgate because the pin box contacted the top of it.

Has anyone had any experience with either of the hitches I'm considering in a newer body style GMC regular bed? Think the body style is the same for 2020 - 2022.

Thanks for your thoughts and suggestions.

Ed
    Last edited by Okmus1; 05-22-2022 at 07:19 AM. Reason: Correction

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some thoughts...

Wouldn't the B&W Companion OEM hitch work?

I don't think I'd use a gooseneck (or at least the Resse or Gen-Y) in a short bed. I have a long bed on order for that reason (to change out my auto slider to the Reese).
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome! We are waiting on a 2022 Denali (and waiting and waiting) our old hitch won't fit the pucks either. Have you checked to see if there are adapters available. There are adapters made for our 7 yr old Airsafe
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the reply traveldog. GM changed the puc layout (size) from 2019 to 2022 so the old B&W won’t fit the new truck bed. Since I have a standard size bed I’m concerned about clearance using the Reese Goosebox so was hoping to find someone who has tried it so they could relay their experience. My other option would be the Anderson Ultimate which has some adjustability but it isn’t a slider. Since I didn’t need to use the slider capability with the old truck which had a 2” shorter bed I may be able to get away with not using a slider hitch on the new truck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Marcy and Gary, I understand the frustration of waiting on your new truck but believe me after you get it, you’ll love it. Ordered mine in January and got it last week and the dealer was surprised it came in so quick ��.

I think there are adapters that would make my old hitch work but I’m trying to get away from using a slider hitch because of the weight. Not sure if I’ll be able to do that.