Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Coleman Mach15 blower wheel question

So when preforming general cleaning and maintenance on one of my ac units I noticed what looked like a broken blade on the blower wheel. I just received a replacement wheel and it has what looks to be one half of a blade missing but it looks to me like it was molded that way. The factory is closed today so next I looked online for some images and it looks from ones I can find they have the same missing part of a blade. Take a look at the images below and tell me what you all think? I will follow up with Airxcel Monday as well, thanks The unit is a 2017 Coleman Mach 15 model 48254C869
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20220521_102349.jpg   20220521_102259.jpg   20220521_102220.jpg  

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could it be to access a screw or adjustment when the squirrel cage is rotated to a certain position. You're right, it looks like it was cut that way intentionally.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually I just noticed the same thing on ours yesterday when I was cleaning the unit and installing the self made RV Airflow. I thing the partial blade removal may have something to do with balancing the fan.
    2020 Imagine 2450RL born 7/2019 Anderson hitch
    2007 Tundra 5.7 with tow package and RAS
    Both retired - still have our S&B
    US Army vet (Air Cav baby!) Gulf war combat veteran

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My vote is balancing too. Usually I see metal clips in the automotive industry used to balance.

You'll know when a fan of out of balance. Just a small leaf will screw things up.