User Tag List

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntindog View Post
    I have never tried, but I bet my discs could do it if I turned the contoller up. As an aside, my discs are set up to add anti locks to them .
    I've locked my disc brakes up when I had an idiot trucker with a car carrier cut be off and then slam on his brakes...

Who is the manufacturer of your brakes? I have Kodiak and I don't think they are set up for ABS.
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It seems as though I read somewhere, I have CRS syndrome and can't remember where, that the ABS doesn't stand for Anti-lock Braking System, but is some other acronym. But can't swear to it.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonShadow_1911 View Post
    I've locked my disc brakes up when I had an idiot trucker with a car carrier cut be off and then slam on his brakes...

Who is the manufacturer of your brakes? I have Kodiak and I don't think they are set up for ABS.
    I was told they are Dexter quad piston, 8K axles.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    It seems as though I read somewhere, I have CRS syndrome and can't remember where, that the ABS doesn't stand for Anti-lock Braking System, but is some other acronym. But can't swear to it.
    Yeah we started talking about it a couple months ago on the forum. The manufacturers are putting an ABS braking systems on the new RVs. It's still electric brakes and its drum brakes not disc brakes.
    As I recall They install the ABS brake model inside the frame next to the right front tire covered by the coroplast.
    Last edited by Steven@147; 07-15-2022 at 06:50 AM.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saldog View Post
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YFU7Ie8TR5Y

I wonder if it is a electronic anti-sway braking system and not ABS?

The attached link refers to an electric anti-sway system from etrailer.

The sensor monitors potential sway and than applies braking on the opposing side wheels to counter the sway, it is supposed to do this very quickly as needed to counteract the sway.

As mentioned previously still does not address the installation element, proper wire gauge, electrical connectors, weather proof installation etc…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    +1....Exactly what I was thinking when I heard of this system! And being on a drum brake system makes me cringe as well. But given the fact that the brakes can act independently depending on how adjusted (without something other than fluid pressure) when braking on a non ABS axle system, I guess eliminating a lockup on one or more tires during hard breaking could be beneficial.

On my F150, electronic anti-sway supposed to keep it from swaying, but typically just wears the rear brakes more! I disable this feature on my F150 and added a real swaybar instead.
    Last edited by trailrydr; 07-15-2022 at 10:02 AM. Reason: Info
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Will Not Be Dictated To
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntindog View Post
    I have never tried, but I bet my discs could do it if I turned the contoller up. As an aside, my discs are set up to add anti locks to them .
    Possibly, but the Curt ABS appear to be for electric/magnetic drums, which I have never locked up.
    I left the Forum due to dictatorial administration

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An electric ABS system would be much simpler to set up than hydraulic. Wheel speed sensors, electronics box, done. No complex valving like you have with hydraulic. While I've never had them lock up, I could see this being valuable in a panic stop in wet conditions. Locked up wheels are much less efficient stopping you than metered braking applications that keep the wheels spinning.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The main issue I can see with these trailer brake systems is the braking force isn't instant like with a disc brake system. The magnet is actuated, and pulls it to the drum which in turn causes the brake shoes to contact the drum. I really can't see it being a very effective system. I still think the ABS is something other than Anti-lock Braking System.

And in all honesty, I can't see locked up RV brakes being a common issue.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Will Not Be Dictated To
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    The main issue I can see with these trailer brake systems is the braking force isn't instant like with a disc brake system. The magnet is actuated, and pulls it to the drum which in turn causes the brake shoes to contact the drum. I really can't see it being a very effective system. I still think the ABS is something other than Anti-lock Braking System.

And in all honesty, I can't see locked up RV brakes being a common issue.
    I am with you there. Possibly this is just another marketing tool? Like nitrogen filled tires or the extended warranty on the disposable $49.00 electronic item (of many types)
    I left the Forum due to dictatorial administration

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Curious, Very Curious...

I'll be watching this post.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast