User Tag List

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For those that don't believe, Google search Lippert anti-lock braking system.

Marketing? Maybe, but they are definitely equipped with it.

As of production right now, Reflection also has it.

Does it work any differently? Don't know. haven't towed one yet to play with it.

I can tell you that I can lock up my trailer brakes fairly easily. It is a fine line between too much and just enough on the controller. I do use a controller that taps into my tow vehicles hydraulic braking system to give current based on pressure.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can see an Anti-Lock Braking System could be handy on a vehicle with the ability to lock up it's brakes easily. But that rarely is a problem with an electric drum brake RV trailer. If yours lock up easily it is the exception and certainly not the rule.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    I can see an Anti-Lock Braking System could be handy on a vehicle with the ability to lock up it's brakes easily. But that rarely is a problem with an electric drum brake RV trailer. If yours lock up easily it is the exception and certainly not the rule.
    Would agree,but, with the advent that drum brakes are adjusted at each drum, its possible to have one wheels brake to be over adjusted and grab harder than the others causing a "possible" lockup situation on one wheel thus making this system beneficial.
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. I think it's needless added complexity to solve an issue that for probably 90% of the trailers out there, doesn't exist. I don't think I've ever heard of a heavy trailer, one over 10,000 lbs. have an issue with any of their brakes locking up.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe it helps when towing in blizzard conditions at high speeds.
    2021 Reflection 312 BHTS, Silverado 2500 Duramax

Will Not Be Dictated To
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyStar View Post
    Maybe it helps when towing in blizzard conditions at high speeds.
    If you watch the Lippert video it helps a lot on a frozen lake. WTHO?
    I left the Forum due to dictatorial administration

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My new 280RK has them.... didnt even get it off the dealer lot (Fri 8/19). NO brakes what so ever...even with the breakaway pulled dealer knows nothing about the system

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My new Solitude 310 has the ABS brakes. Can’t tell the difference in normal operations, I guess that’s good… I need to try it on some wet or loose gravel to see if it works as expected.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dexter does have an after market ABS/ Sway Control system also. However it is not Disc. Performance Trailer Braking can install it for anyone interested. Give me a call and I can give you more info on it. https://youtu.be/OPUHGOA-c-0
    Last edited by 2psnapod2; 01-04-2023 at 07:42 AM.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For all the endless talk of safety on this forum, I find the negative reactions to this ironic. If you're in slippery conditions and emergency brake, and your trailer wheels lock up while the ABS on your truck kicks in, the trailer can start trying to slide sideways and past your truck as your truck is able to stop more quickly with added traction from ABS.

If you check out the video here, you can see this can make a big difference in those rare occurrences: https://www.lci1.com/products/rv-supplier/abs

I have a Reflection on order which will be equipped with this, and I applaud the industry trying to find new ways to improve. If it kicks in and works in an emergency situation, that's awesome! If my trailer wheels lock up and the system doesn't kick in and pulse the brakes for some reason, my wheels will be locked up same as before with plain old electric drum brakes.

Bravo to Lippert and Grand Design.

Eric
    Eric & Lindsay
    2016 Imagine 2800BH
    2018 GMC Sierra, 6.2L Max Tow

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast