User Tag List

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We purchased a brand new Reflection 324MBS a week ago that has the new ABS system. From basically the moment we pulled off the lot the brakes completely stopped working. I spent the entirety of my Sunday troubleshooting the issue myself and with GD's 24/7 roadside assistance and tech support line. We came the conclusion it was 100% the trailer and not the TV. We measured voltage at the junction box on the pin box, but not at the axles goign into the drums. Even pulling the pin from teh breakaway box does nothing, wheels still spin freely.

Extremely long story short... my brand new unit that I haven't even been able to use yet has been at the dealership for a week now and NO ONE seems to know whats wrong with it, even Lippert (supposedly) at this point. All I can think is there's a severed or grounded wire somewhere between the junction box and the axles, but the dealership is trying to assure me that's not the issue and they've alredy checked. To say this whole ordeal has been stressful is an understatement, and my wife doesn't even want to take the unit back from them anymore.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So... I have a 2023 397TH and it has the ABS system from the factory ( not at my request of course). It is supposed to be "anti-lock", and it is supposed to measure the mileage on the axles all through the one connect app. You have to be hooked up to the TV and then pair the ABS controller etc etc etc. I did all that, shows in the app, whatever, I really could care less. However, once I did all that, while I do see the mileage to be correct for the # of trailer miles, I have not had the system ever show "online" in the app since the time I paired it. I always see "offline" and when I click it while hooked up, it just spins.

I was on a trip this most recent holiday, and had to get on the brakes really hard during some heavy traffic, and locked up the trailer brakes. The Anti-lock brakes NEVER CAME ON. Not that I need them, but it was clear they didnt work, cause I flat spotted the tires. I had the brake controller just a bit too high and forgot to lower it after I reduced my weight (glad cart out, and fuel take for the TH empty), so I was lighter and the controller was a bit high. My fault completely for sure. But one would have expected that with anti-lock brakes, you could still SMOKE the tires when stopping quickly, one would expect if you were gonna flat spot a tire, it would be much longer of a spot where you could tell you were in a skid as it was allowing the wheel to turn. My spot is in a SINGLE area on 4 of the 6 tires. So the ABS thing, it's whatever, I could care less about the fact the RV has it, but the fact it did not work, when I know the brakes worked well is frustrating. Lippert is trying to blame my frame mounts, or my leaf springs which is ridiculous and has be jumping through all kinds of hoops about it. Sharing for awareness only. i will update the thread one Lippert gives me some more info
    2023 Momentum 397TH w/Gen3 Goosebox
    2020 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 F-450 Limited PowerStroke

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by msutoad View Post
    So... I have a 2023 397TH and it has the ABS system from the factory ( not at my request of course). It is supposed to be "anti-lock", and it is supposed to measure the mileage on the axles all through the one connect app. You have to be hooked up to the TV and then pair the ABS controller etc etc etc. I did all that, shows in the app, whatever, I really could care less. However, once I did all that, while I do see the mileage to be correct for the # of trailer miles, I have not had the system ever show "online" in the app since the time I paired it. I always see "offline" and when I click it while hooked up, it just spins.

I was on a trip this most recent holiday, and had to get on the brakes really hard during some heavy traffic, and locked up the trailer brakes. The Anti-lock brakes NEVER CAME ON. Not that I need them, but it was clear they didnt work, cause I flat spotted the tires. I had the brake controller just a bit too high and forgot to lower it after I reduced my weight (glad cart out, and fuel take for the TH empty), so I was lighter and the controller was a bit high. My fault completely for sure. But one would have expected that with anti-lock brakes, you could still SMOKE the tires when stopping quickly, one would expect if you were gonna flat spot a tire, it would be much longer of a spot where you could tell you were in a skid as it was allowing the wheel to turn. My spot is in a SINGLE area on 4 of the 6 tires. So the ABS thing, it's whatever, I could care less about the fact the RV has it, but the fact it did not work, when I know the brakes worked well is frustrating. Lippert is trying to blame my frame mounts, or my leaf springs which is ridiculous and has be jumping through all kinds of hoops about it. Sharing for awareness only. i will update the thread one Lippert gives me some more info
    Since this is a safety issue, you should make a report to the National Highway Traffic and Safety Administration (NHTSA). If they receive enough reports about the ABS systems not working properly, they will begin an investigation which could result in a recall of all campers with that defective ABS system installed.

You need to do this especially since Lippert is giving you the run-around.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SolarPoweredRV View Post
    Since this is a safety issue, you should make a report to the National Highway Traffic and Safety Administration (NHTSA). If they receive enough reports about the ABS systems not working properly, they will begin an investigation which could result in a recall of all campers with that defective ABS system installed.

You need to do this especially since Lippert is giving you the run-around.
    I lit them up this morning, and I got a response in 30 minutes. They are replacing the ABS controller, covering the labor cost too. They wont cover my fuel or time since there is not a competent dealer within 100 miles, so I will likely do it myself unless GD wants to kick in. The closest place is 150 miles one way, and I will burn the day in travel for a 1 hour job by the time I go, wait, drive home. We will see, but they are gonna replace it, and I will update you all on the next steps once I have it to see if it functions differently.

Not a good look for Lippert. First they have to replace my axles under warranty, then the ABS controller also, which are all new to the rig this year . Wish I had the dexter 7K axles back. I asked if I could get those instead when the warranty swap was done, and I was told "no", bummer. But they are replaced, and such, and they covered all teh cost including diesel to the shop and back . So im still happy with that given the circumstances.

more to come once I get parts etc.

Jason

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone here know where they put the ABS brain/box on the momentums? All GD can tell me is off-door side behind the coroplast bolted to the frame rail. I pulled down half the coroplast and NO BOX, so before I play hide and seek, wondering if anyone has any intel they can share for me to locate it so I can get a pic of it. They are replacing it, but they want to see a pic of mine first... Thanks in advance.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone here know where they put the ABS brain/box on the momentums? All GD can tell me is off-door side behind the coroplast bolted to the frame rail. I pulled down half the coroplast and NO BOX, so before I play hide and seek, wondering if anyone has any intel they can share for me to locate it so I can get a pic of it. They are replacing it, but they want to see a pic of mine first... Thanks in advance.
    I found this Lippert ABS information off the Lippert web site a long time ago, been hanging on to it for reference. It's not strictly related to GDRV but how Lippert installs the Drum Brake ABS on their frames. Maybe it can help you?

Here is a support link from Lippert https://support.lci1.com/anti-lock-braking-abs-system
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lippert ABS.pdf  
    Last edited by Steven@147; 01-05-2024 at 06:53 AM.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@147 View Post
    I found this Lippert ABS information off the Lippert web site a long time ago, been hanging on to it for reference. It's not strictly related to GDRV but how Lippert installs the Drum Brake ABS on their frames. Maybe it can help you?

Here is a support link from Lippert https://support.lci1.com/anti-lock-braking-abs-system
    THANK YOU this does help!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    THANK YOU this does help!
    Your Welcome, The service manual located here, https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws...cd-0006506.pdf
    indicates NOTE: Lippert Diagnostics App is currently available only for Android™ smart devices on Google Play™

But if you can pair with the app there are DTCs Diagnostic Trouble Codes stored in the ABS controller that might help in locating a failure. Wish you the best of luck diagnosing your issue.

The manual says, Specific Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC) are stored in the memory of the Lippert ABS controller and can be
    viewed using the Lippert Diagnostics Mobile App.
    1. Install app on mobile smart device and proceed through setup prompts.
    2. Scan QR code of Lippert anti-lock brake controller. Controller will be located on either the inside left
    or inside right frame rail within 12” of the first axle. A QR code sticker may also have been placed in
    an interior cupboard or on support documentation to permit the end user to scan the code for the
    OneControl app connection.
    3. Take note of Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) or codes shown and see the chart below in the documentation.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567