User Tag List

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Curt ABS brakes on new Solitudes

I'm mildly surprised that no one has mentioned or heard that Grand Design started using Curt axles this month.

As of May, Solitude is built with 7,000 lb Curt axles and standard ABS braking.

Disc brakes are still available on 7k and 8k axles, but no ABS.

I haven't gotten my hands on any yet to see how they work or what they take to operate, but I will soon.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the update! I'll be curious to hear your thoughts after you see them.
    With this new addition ,is there another price increase or maybe they figure it's time to add something for the money already charged?
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    Thanks for the update! I'll be curious to hear your thoughts after you see them.
    With this new addition ,is there another price increase or maybe they figure it's time to add something for the money already charged?
    Price increase was effective on 5/1/22, which was about the time the axles changed. I guess it could have been that addition, hard to tell.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Question. What is an ABS brake? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Reflection 312 BHTS, Silverado 2500 Duramax

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyStar View Post
    Question. What is an ABS brake? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Anti-lock Braking System
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Something doesn't compute for me. ABS exclusively means Anti-Lock Braking System and is usually associated with hydraulic actuated brakes. Pretty sophisticated system including an ABS controller. ABS with electric drum brakes? I wonder how that works? What controls the ABS feature on the RV's axles, certainly not the OEM brake controller in pickups.
    Last edited by Steven@147; 05-23-2022 at 09:05 AM.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@147 View Post
    Something doesn't compute for me. ABS exclusively means Anti-Lock Braking System and is usually associated with hydraulic actuated brakes. Pretty sophisticated system including an ABS controller. ABS with electric drum brakes? I wonder how that works? What controls the ABS feature on the RV's axles, certainly not the OEM brake controller in pickups.
    Not sure yet, that's why I want to check one out when they come in.
    [email protected]
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    Not sure yet, that's why I want to check one out when they come in.
    Steve, it's probably something like Automatic Braking System as in associated with the automatic brake actuator switch on the hitch.
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Funny, I just got one of the new Solitude's in.

They have a sensor in the backer plate, with a new ribbed looking drum. Couple of pictures attached.

I haven't found a controller anywhere, I have to assume it is under the belly covering or behind the wall in the pass through. Nothing visible anywhere else.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20220523_123536.jpg   20220523_123542.jpg   20220523_123602.jpg  
    [email protected]
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    Funny, I just got one of the new Solitude's in.

They have a sensor in the backer plate, with a new ribbed looking drum. Couple of pictures attached.

I haven't found a controller anywhere, I have to assume it is under the belly covering or behind the wall in the pass through. Nothing visible anywhere else.
    Whoa ! This is interesting to me but I can't find any information on it on GD's site or Curt/Lipper's site.
    But here's the ABS Controller they list on their parts page. I also noticed on the parts page they list CANBUS Data wiring harnesses. And if you try to download the owners manual for 2022 for information you get the 2021 owners manual with nothing in it about the braking system.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 120307.jpg  
    Last edited by Steven@147; 05-24-2022 at 07:49 AM.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast