User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone Towing 21G with Ram1500?

Anyone towing a 21G with a Ram 1500 with load leveling airbags? I've got some questions about your setup. Recently purchased the 21G and went out for first trip. Severe sway even though I'm using a WDH. Luckily I wasn't traveling far. Once arrived I took some new measurements and made adjustments according to instructions on WDH as it was previously setup for a GMC 1500. Same result with more sway than it should. I've been able to find out very little info regarding the airbags and if there is an adjustment. I went in to the settings to disable the airbags when setting up the WDH. Once the bags auto adjust and level out the truck, it's lifting the tongue of the trailer too much and causing sway while traveling.

Rolling Along
    Whatever state the landing gear sits upon (Texas c
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mdavis2886 View Post
    Anyone towing a 21G with a Ram 1500 with load leveling airbags? I've got some questions about your setup. Recently purchased the 21G and went out for first trip. Severe sway even though I'm using a WDH. Luckily I wasn't traveling far. Once arrived I took some new measurements and made adjustments according to instructions on WDH as it was previously setup for a GMC 1500. Same result with more sway than it should. I've been able to find out very little info regarding the airbags and if there is an adjustment. I went in to the settings to disable the airbags when setting up the WDH. Once the bags auto adjust and level out the truck, it's lifting the tongue of the trailer too much and causing sway while traveling.
    Many WDH specifically say to disable the auto level air bags. My '19 2500 had issues with heavy loads on bumper pulls especially (even some heavier goosenecks). I imagine the 1500 is the same. Check with your WDH manufacturer. That's a good amount of weight for a bumper pull trailer, too.

Full-time Traveling Family ,'21 Momentum 395MS-R, '21 F450 King, 2000watts solar, Dual Victron MP-II 12/3000 2 x 120v, 1220ah LiFePo4