Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Newbie

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New to the forum and to the camping life. Have went on a few local outing and one short but long haul. Getting ready to retire and starting making some longer trips. and also look forward meeting members.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi and welcome! Great way to start retirement. We started with our 303 and havent looked back...we spend more time in it than we do the house any more
    Happy travels!
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry for the way late text.
    Call out a tech to look over the solar system while I was at work, he said found loose wires. It started working. The day we started our trip. Turned off the generator w/30AMP after getting batteries up to 100% charge. Then we lost battery back up power again. I started looking into myself. Found the magnetic switch box and none of the switches' had been engage. Took a screw driver, holding on to the plastic handle and push in the magnetic switch in and it stay engaged. Got some electrical contact cleaner. Let evaporate, then turn all power supply back on,(nothing). Went back into power switch box and push contact switch back in and started working again. Then left for the trip. Stop for the night and hook up generator as the batteries was low again. In the morning everything was charged up and same thing after turning off shore power, and again went back into contact switch again. Got to camp site, hook up shore power 50AMP for 4 days. got ready to leave back home unhook shore power and it work magnetic switch work fine. Stop for the night and it started all over again. Now after returning home batteries fully charged. After a few days we lost power in the house. Went to camper every thing was fine till hook up generator and same problem. We've have had nothing but issues with the solar from day one, breakers keep tripping getting to hot and now has fuse link. I do believer the dealership where we purchase camper from isn't as capable as they think they are with installing solar. The dealership installer stated they've never had an issue like this one. We're just tired going back and forth with this. It cost $10,000 to buy the solar equipment and have it installed. Oh yea the tech that look at it at the home was clueless as well, $300.00 for 1 1/2 this is our first camper and the experience's has been awful. Now I'm laid up with major shoulder surgery after the trip and can't get anything taken care of.
    Thank You for all who've has look into this
    Last edited by 31MB4Life; 07-09-2022 at 05:11 PM.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 31MB4Life View Post
    Sorry for the way late text.
    Call out a tech to look over the solar system while I was at work, he said found loose wires. It started working. The day we started our trip. Turned off the generator w/30AMP after getting batteries up to 100% charge. Then we lost battery back up power again. I started looking into myself. Found the magnetic switch box and none of the switches' had been engage. Took a screw driver, holding on to the plastic handle and push in the magnetic switch in and it stay engaged. Got some electrical contact cleaner. Let evaporate, then turn all power supply back on,(nothing). Went back into power switch box and push contact switch back in and started working again. Then left for the trip. Stop for the night and hook up generator as the batteries was low again. In the morning everything was charged up and same thing after turning off shore power, and again went back into contact switch again. Got to camp site, hook up shore power 50AMP for 4 days. got ready to leave back home unhook shore power and it work magnetic switch work fine. Stop for the night and it started all over again. Now after returning home batteries fully charged. After a few days we lost power in the house. Went to camper every thing was fine till hook up generator and same problem. We've have had nothing but issues with the solar from day one, breakers keep tripping getting to hot and now has fuse link. I do believer the dealership where we purchase camper from isn't as capable as they think they are with installing solar. The dealership installer stated they've never had an issue like this one. We're just tired going back and forth with this. It cost $10,000 to buy the solar equipment and have it installed. Oh yea the tech that look at it at the home was clueless as well, $300.00 for 1 1/2 this is our first camper and the experience's has been awful. Now I'm laid up with major shoulder surgery after the trip and can't get anything taken care of.
    Thank You for all who've has look into this
    So sorry to hear about all your troubles. It does sound like your system may not have been installed well. Could you post some pictures after you've recovered from the surgery?
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum, camping life and retirement!

So sorry to hear about your solar power problems. I agree, something is not right. Maybe have a solar pro look at it. Please post some pics and let us know how things go.

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome aboard!