User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also bought a pair of T801s. I've had them for about a year now and they work pretty well. They are FRS like most you can buy. They do have some neat cell phone features that work over bluetooth, but we've never had the patience even with our kids to really get it set up well.

T801s at Walmart

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0d93e9d7-42db-4226-9f38-9ec413bc2d2d_1.7f237380cd40198e9cb83658c95faaf9.jpeg 
Views:	15 
Size:	37.8 KB 
ID:	40870
    Steve & Lori Hicks and Luna, the wonder dog - Liberty Hill, Tx
    2022 Solitude 390RK-R
    2022 3500 Ram Limited Longhorn Mega Cab 4x4 SRW - 6.7L HO Cummins with Aisin Tranny
    N5AC

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We bought these since they satisfy many of our overall requirements for the family. They are working great at home as well.

Wooded, flat areas, about 1.5 mile range.
    Flat, suburban areas, about 0.5 miles.
    Have yet to test from a mountain.

https://www.amazon.com/Midland-GXT10..._bap_m_rp_1_sc

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    $15 models on eBay work just fine. Mine were budget priced and sound great and can go across an RV park.
    My brother gave us his Walkie Talkies about 20 years ago. They are not on the CB (Citizen's Band) radio from the early days (I still have three of those I haven't used in decades). But, they work fine for backing up our Solitude. When backing up I only watch the front of the truck and the bed so the pin box doesn't hit the side of the bed. I trust my wife implicitly. The walkies also reach 1/4 to 1/2 mile while traveling because DW is pulling the boat behind our Solitude.

The moral of this story is that you do not have to spend a lot of money to get decent walkie-talkies with decent range. Just remember to remove the batteries when not in use as they seem to drain while sitting idle.
    Frank and Char + Maya, Newport, Michigan. 2016 Solitude 379FL/2006 F250 6.0 diesel w/dually conversion. 4th rain-sense roof vent, two ceiling fans, Kodiak disc brakes, Carlisle G 14-ply tires, Water Miser x2, final dump valve, water header tank, fridge cond fan switch, outside range exhaust, elec hot water anode, filtered drinking water, triple battery box,

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We used to use walkie talkies but hard to push the button to talk and drive all at the same time. We now use our phones using speaker phone feature and it really does work better for us. Should there be no signal, use hand signals. The other option, we prefer pull thru sites now, so much easier.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just bought a pair of Midland walkies. Motorola or Midland are fairly reliable. Also mine has a weather alert feature that will beep then tune in NWS when there is a weather alert.

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SkeetandJudy View Post
    We used to use walkie talkies but hard to push the button to talk and drive all at the same time. We now use our phones using speaker phone feature and it really does work better for us. Should there be no signal, use hand signals. The other option, we prefer pull thru sites now, so much easier.
    We too use our phones. After the battery died on us one time and we had a terrible accident that almost turned deadly. Having a GMC with Sirius the phone in the truck goes to blue tooth and over the speakers. Nice with how well you can hear and be able to talk without having to talk up.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have one pair of Motorola FRS walkie talkies for the RV and another much smaller pair for cycling. The smaller pair lacks privacy codes, and we really notice the difference.

Best regards,
    Chris
    2020 Solitude 310GK FBP
    2019 Ford F350 SRW CCSB AUH
    Former Rig - 2013 North Trail FBS22
    2013 Expedition EL

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12