User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No thermostat power

We have a 2018 337.We are original owners,no major issues until last weekend.Everything was working heater run at night, ceiling fan and vent were fine. We left camp with the camper still set up,we’re gone a couple hours. When we got back to the rv we ha d no lights above the sink,no ceiling fan and the ac and furnace thermostat were blank.No temp.readout or anything.Checked for a thermostat fuse which there is none.Pulled furnace fuse was ok,but when you pull other fuses to check a red light next to the one you pull lights up.No red light from pulling furnace fuse.So I’m assuming no power. Went home next day unhooked, got ready to clean out stuff and low and behold all lights that didn’t work now are working ,thermostat has power. Is there a circuit breaker somewhere that got hot or what?

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could be a loose connection, those can be maddeningly difficult to find.

BTW, looks like you're new, welcome to the forum.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are no circuit breakers in the 12VDC system (except on the landing gear/leveling systems in some models). My vote would also be for a loose connection. I would start looking at the back side of the panel around the furnace fuse slot (be sure everything is disconnected, of course).

I'll also welcome you to the forum. You can create a signature block with your RV and tow vehicle information (see mine below). That way you won't have to repeat that information whenever you post or ask a question - and others won't have to ask. You can create a signature by going to:

Forum Actions (on menu bar) -> Edit Profile -> Edit Signature (under My Settings on the left)

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by materman7475 View Post
    We have a 2018 337.We are original owners,no major issues until last weekend.Everything was working heater run at night, ceiling fan and vent were fine. We left camp with the camper still set up,we’re gone a couple hours. When we got back to the rv we ha d no lights above the sink,no ceiling fan and the ac and furnace thermostat were blank.No temp.readout or anything.Checked for a thermostat fuse which there is none.Pulled furnace fuse was ok,but when you pull other fuses to check a red light next to the one you pull lights up.No red light from pulling furnace fuse.So I’m assuming no power. Went home next day unhooked, got ready to clean out stuff and low and behold all lights that didn’t work now are working ,thermostat has power. Is there a circuit breaker somewhere that got hot or what?
    That sounds like more of a 12v dc issue than a thermostat issue. I would start in the 12v distribution panel and look for a blown fuse.
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info. When I found out there were no circuit breakers I knew at least what to look for. I lucked out and found loose wires behind a lite above the bar.It was another case of GD poor quality control and shoddy workmanship.When you can’t twist 3 wires together and pot a crimp connector on right it makes you wonder about the rest of the coach.Just glad it wasn’t on the 120 side, could of been real exciting

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad you got it figured out
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS