User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post New Member, Grand Design 2021 320MKS

Good Day All,

Today I joined My Grand Design RV. Hopefully, in time I will become more proficient in the best use of this forum.
    My name is Steven, my wife is Dee and we have two canine buddies that will be traveling with us, Gracie and Bandit. My wife has named the 5th wheel the bockerdocker.
    We are new to the RV life and have embarked on the journey to see as much of the United States as possible up close and personal.
    We purchased a Grand Design 2021 320MKS used and are learning how to operated the unit and find the learning curve a bit steep. The GD owners manual is not lining up with some of the features of this unit and causing a bit of confusion for me.
    I am mechanically inclined and have been able to trace and track most issued encountered with wiring and plumbing. I have already had to fix the wiring under the bedroom slide to repair reading light wiring and the bedroom rollers that had fastening issues.
    I have also checked the roof and found some slight nicks and tears in the roof membrane that have been repaired. It looks like tree limb damage from overhanging trees. I will need to be very aware of the obstructions at roof height.
    We intend to travel half-time during the hottest months of the year in Arizona, May thru September and enjoy some cooler weather along the west coast of the United States and possibly visit some of the national parks in the western United States.
    I still work and will also be working from the coach part-time. Internet connectivity solutions are under consideration but not selected yet. I may need to get a bit of practical guidance on this topic before making a buying decision.
    This GD 320MKS has a nifty built in desk space that will provide me a suitable office to work from the road. I can work remotely but need a reliable and resilient solution that can support that use case 99% or the time.
    The 320MKS will also need to be retrofitted with a solar power solution for off grid boondocking and I am considering several solutions including permanent rooftop solar with lithium ION batteries and 3000 watt inverter. Other options include an EcoFlow Delta Pro mobile unit that can be easily be moved out of the coach when not being used. So many things to think about when going off grid. I have a 4000 watt Firman dual fuel generator for when all else fails that can run the coach if needed. So thoughts on solar solutions are welcome.
    I also enjoy the great outdoors, will be taking photos and video at each of our stops and will split boondocking and RV park campsite setups. I am thinking a drone is in the future so I will be looking to connect with persons with drone experience and or guidance in the near future.

I have an immediate issues to overcome with the GD 320MKS:
    * For dry camping I need to test the water pump and water lines prior to heading out. It may seem simple but there does not seem to be a complete process available to determine if the water pump is working or not? Can anyone point me in the right direction here to check the water pump is working? I set all valves to dry camping, potable water is full. The water pump does not seem to come on and I saw a pump rocker switch in the utility bay that I did try to turn on and off but neither position seems to do anything?

Any help here would be appreciated as the unit is in the driveway today and we are going through as much of the validation of systems as we can in a weekend.
    So if anyone reading this post has some spot on guidance for the tank indicators or water pump process I would very appreciative of a response.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Steven
    Last edited by bdocker; 05-22-2022 at 12:36 PM.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bdocker View Post
    Good Day All,

Today I joined My Grand Design RV. Hopefully, in time I will become more proficient in the best use of this forum.
    My name is Steven, my wife is Dee and we have two canine buddies that will be traveling with us, Gracie and Bandit. My wife has named the 5th wheel the bockerdocker.
    We are new to the RV life and have embarked on the journey to see as much of the United States as possible up close and personal.
    We purchased a Grand Design 2021 320MKS used and are learning how to operated the unit and find the learning curve a bit steep. The GD owners manual is not lining up with some of the features of this unit and causing a bit of confusion for me.
    I am mechanically inclined and have been able to trace and track most issued encountered with wiring and plumbing. I have already had to fix the wiring under the bedroom slide to repair reading light wiring and the bedroom rollers that had fastening issues.
    I have also checked the roof and found some slight nicks and tears in the roof membrane that have been repaired. It looks like tree limb damage from overhanging trees. I will need to be very aware of the obstructions at roof height.
    We intend to travel half-time during the hottest months of the year in Arizona, May thru September and enjoy some cooler weather along the west coast of the United States and possibly visit some of the national parks in the western United States.
    I still work and will also be working from the coach part-time. Internet connectivity solutions are under consideration but not selected yet. I may need to get a bit of practical guidance on this topic before making a buying decision.
    This GD 320MKS has a nifty built in desk space that will provide me a suitable office to work from the road. I can work remotely but need a reliable and resilient solution that can support that use case 99% or the time.
    The 320MKS will also need to be retrofitted with a solar power solution for off grid boondocking and I am considering several solutions including permanent rooftop solar with lithium ION batteries and 3000 watt inverter. Other options include an EcoFlow Delta Pro mobile unit that can be easily be moved out of the coach when not being used. So many things to think about when going off grid. I have a 4000 watt Firman dual fuel generator for when all else fails that can run the coach if needed. So thoughts on solar solutions are welcome.
    I also enjoy the great outdoors, will be taking photos and video at each of our stops and will split boondocking and RV park campsite setups. I am thinking a drone is in the future so I will be looking to connect with persons with drone experience and or guidance in the near future.

I have some immediate issues to overcome with the GD 320MKS:
    * Can anyone tell me where the tank fill indicators are in this unit? I know where the control center is and go there to operate the lights, slides and awnings but I'll be darned if I can't identify where the tanks fill indicators are?
    * For dry camping I need to test the water pump and water lines prior to heading out. It may seem simple but there does not seem to be a complete process available to determine if the water pump is working or not? Can anyone point me in
    the right direction here?

Any help here would be appreciated as the unit is in the driveway today and we are going through as much of the validation of systems as we can in a weekend.
    So if anyone reading this post has some spot on guidance for the tank indicators or water pump process I would very appreciative of a response.

Steven
    First off, welcome to the forum. The tank indicators on my unit (different from yours) are in the control center when you enter the coach. As far as the water pump is concerned, first you would want to sanitize the tank. Then fill it using the Nautilus center. Finally, set the Nautilus to "Dry Camping" and turn on the pump. Test your faucets, with any luck you're good to go.

Hope you have many pleasant memories with your new coach.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good Day All,

I have some immediate issues to overcome with the GD 320MKS:
    * Can anyone tell me where the tank fill indicators are in this unit? I know where the control center is and go there to operate the lights, slides and awnings but I'll be darned if I can't identify where the tanks fill indicators are?
    * For dry camping I need to test the water pump and water lines prior to heading out. It may seem simple but there does not seem to be a complete process available to determine if the water pump is working or not? Can anyone point me in
    the right direction here?

Steven
    Welcome to the 320MKS. This is our full-time rig. I too work full time.

To help answer your questions:
    1. The tank indicators are in the control panel, as you enter the coach, behind the door above the couch. It faces the entry door. For the tanks, it is in the upper left corner of the control panel. Little surface mount buttons labeled Battery, Fresh, Black 1, Black 2 (which isn't used), Gray 1 (which is the bathroom sink, shower, and washer from the closet), and Gray 2 (which is the galley, or kitchen sink, tank).

I use a water flow meter 2 Pack - P3 P0550 Water Meter | Measure Watering Use in Gallons or Liters |Fits Standard Garden Hose https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00R85H1PM...ing=UTF8&psc=1 when filling the fresh water tank.

2. At the Nautilus panel, move the levers to "Dry Camping", flip the switch labeled Pump that is located in the upper left corner of the Nautilus panel, then go open a faucet on cold first, then (if you filled the hot water tank) close cold and open hot.

If water comes out, the pump is working. Check the bathroom sink, shower, kitchen sink, and toilet, to make sure everything is getting water.
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Mark & Mary,

Thanks very much for the guidance! Very helpful.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Mark & Mary,

You're welcome. Also for internet, look at Starlink or Nomad Internet.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the group

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Mark & Mary,

@bdocker -

I see you are new to the forum - welcome! Here are a few forum tips:

1) If you use "Reply With Quote" (to the right of "Reply") as I have here, folks will know to whom you are responding and that person will get a notification.

2) You can also tag folks using the "@" symbol and their user name (as I have done yours) - they'll also get a notification that way.

3) You can create a signature block with your RV and tow vehicle information (see mine below). That way you won't have to repeat that information whenever you post or ask a question - and others won't have to ask. You can create a signature by going to:

Forum Actions (on menu bar) -> Edit Profile -> Edit Signature (under My Settings on the left)

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Mark & Mary,

Here's a picture of the control center
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20220522_150011_298.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	22.3 KB 
ID:	40733

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Member, Grand Design 2021 320MKS

Bdocker,

First, welcome to the forum! Glad to have you here.

I would double check the valves on the Nautilus just to be sure, it is very easy to Miss a a valve. If after double checking the valves, you can verify the pump itself by pulling the panel to the side of the Nautilus, the pump is right behind that. There is a fuse right next to the pump. If your rig is like mine there are two pump switches set up like a three way. One switch in the water compartment and another one on the control panel, try both switches.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5973.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	89.7 KB 
ID:	40734
    I added a picture that shows the pump behind the panel and its fuse.
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS