User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slide misaligned

I’m sure there is information on this subject but I wasn’t finding what I was looking for so I apologize if this question is posted in other places.
    Today I went to do routine de-wintering maintenance. I noticed that my bedroom (non-hydraulic) is misaligned by about 2-3 inches. And my bed is no longer on its rollers. Is there a way I can fix this? Or do I need to call a mobile repair. As I tried to bring the slide in. The bed caught the floor and started to tear the tiles.
    Jeff & Rachel
    2020 Solitude 382 wb
    2020 F-350 SRW
    Pueblo West Colorado

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A bed slide on a Solitude should be a Schwintek. This means there is a rack and pinion setup top and bottom on both sides. Misalignment can be caused by anything from a controller failure to a failed motor to broken gear teeth. You can start searching YouTube for trouble-shooting videos on the Schwintek slide system or, if not comfortable with diving into something like that yourself, call a tech. I've had good luck finding mobile techs with this tool:

http://rvservicereviews.com/

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Rob.
    It seems the gears may be stripped In the first part (forward side) from full extension. Or it’s getting caught. I can see from full extension, the aft side move first while hearing a grinding sound on the fwd side. Of corse it’s full extension and I cannot see the rails. Nor can I help push it past that part because I’m by myself. I’ll try again when I have someone with me.