User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kitchen/Dining Table

The finish on the dining table in our 2021 Solitude 385GK is terrible. To me, this finish is designed for a piece of living room furniture that gets dusted once in while, not for something that gets used everyday! Does anyone have suggestions or ideas on how to remedy this problem? We like the functionality of the wall mount and the flip-up extension, just not the terrible finish on it.

2021 Solitude 385GK
    2018 GMC 3500 Sierra Denali DRW

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rad21385 View Post
    The finish on the dining table in our 2021 Solitude 385GK is terrible. To me, this finish is designed for a piece of living room furniture that gets dusted once in while, not for something that gets used everyday! Does anyone have suggestions or ideas on how to remedy this problem? We like the functionality of the wall mount and the flip-up extension, just not the terrible finish on it.

2021 Solitude 385GK
    2018 GMC 3500 Sierra Denali DRW
    If you dinning table is stained wood like mine I know what you mean. I've been looking for some man-made material sort of like counter top material to re-do my dinning table. So far no luck. At least not a semi-affordable one.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We bought one of these and trimmed two of the corners to match the extension:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...e?ie=UTF8&th=1

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    We bought one of these and trimmed two of the corners to match the extension:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...e?ie=UTF8&th=1

Rob
    Did you fasten it with adhesive, or does it just stay in place? The other issue now is that the table looks terrible, we would want to do something to fix the appearance before placing a clear cover over it.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    If you dinning table is stained wood like mine I know what you mean. I've been looking for some man-made material sort of like counter top material to re-do my dinning table. So far no luck. At least not a semi-affordable one.
    It is the stained wood table.......or at least I think it's wood! It stands up to so little I have to wonder if it's a veneer.

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rad21385 View Post
    Did you fasten it with adhesive, or does it just stay in place? The other issue now is that the table looks terrible, we would want to do something to fix the appearance before placing a clear cover over it.
    No, it stays in place when we're stationary. We roll it up and put it behind the theater seats on travel days. In other threads I have also seen folks do a really nice job of either 1) refinishing the top of the table and putting the really thick, tough two-part epoxy coating on top (like used in bars), or 2) Doing a nice, thin tile mosaic or wood parquet top.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015