User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Leak in top bulb seal of Schwintek slider

Hello: I have identified the exact location of a leak in the top bulb seal of my Schwintek slider. My TT is a 2022 GD 297QB. I have investigated and proven the leak location and am hoping someone can help me with information on how to fix this myself. I have attached several pics illustrating the issue. The leak occurs only when the slider is retracted. As the slider retracts, the top hits 1st and, at that point, the top (horizontal) bulb seal is completely compacted and top is completely sealed but the bottom of the slider is not sealed yet. As the slider continues to retract, the bottom comes in further until each of the side bulb seals are completely compressed but the top has extended slightly such that the top (horizontal) bulb seal is no longer completely sealed. I have made measurements and taken photos illustrating the issue. Per conversation with the service dept of dealer, sounds like the slider needs adjustment. Unfortunately, I cannot take this in for service and am looking to adjust myself. Can anyone prove me any information which would help me resolve this issue?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails msmts.pdf   Inside water trace.pdf   Top seal RHS.pdf   half close LHS.pdf  

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like it could be an alignment issue. Lippert provides a free course that covers alignment issues. See https://lippert.thinkific.com/courses/Schwintek
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a lot of info here in our forum for Schwintek sliders. Maybe something there will help.

I am pretty sure each side of the slide only has one motor and, therefore, one shaft that turns the top and bottom gears simultaneously. So I would guess there is no electrical solution. Maybe when assembled the bottom gear set is one or two cogs off thus making the top come in sooner than sort of cocking the whole slide as the bottom comes in. I think there should be no difference in the top and bottom distances when the slide is in or out.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you sure it is a Schwintek? I looked at for sale images of you model and it looks like they have the through frame rail system. Also in your image of the top corner I don’t see the Schwintek gear track.
    2020 Reflection 337RLS
    2020 F350 Dually

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought I just couldn't see it, but I was wondering about the lack of rails too.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Based on the pics, that is not a Schwintek. If this is the case and it is an in frame slide, Perhaps all you need is to adjust the stop can so that the slide stops a bit sooner and more squarely. Here is the link to the Lippert adjustment video tutorial:

https://youtu.be/X1A2q55BfLs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Reflection 312 BHTS, Silverado 2500 Duramax

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you all for your replies. How do I know if my slide is or is not a Schwintek? Per my research, I apparently made an assumption that it was a Schwintek.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A Schwintek operated slide has rack and pinion type set up. You would see racks at top and bottom of the slide on both sides, the pinion rotates and moves the slide in or out.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NoSpothe2nd View Post
    Thank you all for your replies. How do I know if my slide is or is not a Schwintek? Per my research, I apparently made an assumption that it was a Schwintek.
    If it is a Schwintek system, you will have four rack/rails (one near the top and one near the bottom on the front and the rear walls) of the slide out. These are most easily seen when the slide is extended out. Here is a picture of one of the rack/rails. These are unique to schwintek system. If you have the racks on the side of the slide out, it is a schwintek system. If you do not have the racks on the sides of the slide out it is not a schwintek.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2022-05-23 224136.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	31.0 KB 
ID:	40784

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Per your replies, it is NOT a Schwintek. I apologize for the confusion and thank you all for the help/clarification. I viewed the link provided by Flystar & will view again before attempting adjustment(s).
    I thank each of you for your replies/help & will f/u with my results. This is my 2nd TT. Experienced leak on 1st (KZ Connect) which was a roof sealant issue I was able to fix. I am hopeful I can fix this as well. I am in N Central PA & dealer is 3 1/2 hr trip one way..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast