User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NoSpothe2nd View Post
    Per your replies, it is NOT a Schwintek. I apologize for the confusion and thank you all for the help/clarification. I viewed the link provided by Flystar & will view again before attempting adjustment(s).
    I thank each of you for your replies/help & will f/u with my results. This is my 2nd TT. Experienced leak on 1st (KZ Connect) which was a roof sealant issue I was able to fix. I am hopeful I can fix this as well. I am in N Central PA & dealer is 3 1/2 hr trip one way..
    I feel your pain. Hope you can get it fixed.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a status update to my bulb seal leak: I have been in touch with the dealership, GD Customer Service and a Mobile RV Tech. I have not been able to take this back to the dealership for service as I am 3 1/2 - 4 hrs away AND the leak only occurs when the slide is in the retracted position. Given that the slide needs to be retracted for travel, I risk getting water all over the inside if I were to encounter rain during my travels. GD CS has provided nothing but frustration. I had a professional Mobile RV Tech evaluate my issue, on site. He concluded that the water is coming in thru the top bulb seal, the cause of which is that the inside of the top rail (which compresses the bulb seal) is not straight. I have provided a PIC which clearly illustrates that the top rail bends as it goes from onw side of the slide to the other. When slide is completely retracted, the bulb seal in left center of the slide is not compressed at all such that water gets in and flows along the top of the slide and then down the sides and drips onto the kitchen floor.
    I provided GD CS with the attached pic, the Mobile RV Tech's report and asked how they recommend fixing this problem (as the RV tech wanted their recommendation before proceeding). After several weeks and multiple emails, the only "support" GD CS has provided is their criteria for submitting warranty invoices. Per GD CS responses, they have not even read the details provided in my emails as they continue to ask questions the answers of which were made clear in my emails. Fortunately, Dealership Sales and Service departments are helping to communicate with GD.
    Since GD CS has not and obviously will not provide any tech advice on a solution, does anyone have any advice on how best to fix this issue? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bend in Top Rail.pdf 
Views:	14 
Size:	1.09 MB 
ID:	41511

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12