User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, as a follow up, I have been having issues with it not "connecting" from my internal network to the outside world. It might take 3-5 second of waiting for a ping response, only for it to show ~100 ms response. I was perplexed. I then connected my computer directly to the Starlink modem's WiFi network. Narry a problem. Hmmm, then I started fiddling around with my pfSense firewall. It got worse. Restored the things I changed and it's back to status quo. So, I figure it's time to rebuild the firewall. I'll be doing that in the coming weeks.

Unfortunately, Starlink uses CGNAT, so accessing my network from outside doesn't work. I'm looking into this to resolve that by using a hosted WireGuard VPN on AWS, Digital Ocean, or another service. But I digress. So my OwnCloud cloud storage can't be accessed from outside the network now, which is a pain in the rear. Outside of this, we are 100% Starlink now, with the Verizon MVNO hotspot as a backup.
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anyone tried the new antenna? This is the one designed for mobile, in-motion use. I have to look for a clear sky for the existing Dishy I have and I’m wondering if the mobile antenna is better at tracking and using satellites so a completely clear sky is not required. Does anyone have first-hand experience with it? It is outrageously expensive at $2,500.
    Steve & Lori Hicks and Luna, the wonder dog - Liberty Hill, Tx
    2022 Solitude 390RK-R
    2022 3500 Ram Limited Longhorn Mega Cab 4x4 SRW - 6.7L HO Cummins with Aisin Tranny
    N5AC

Rolling Along
    Whatever state the landing gear sits upon (Texas c
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xxn5ac View Post
    Has anyone tried the new antenna? This is the one designed for mobile, in-motion use. I have to look for a clear sky for the existing Dishy I have and I’m wondering if the mobile antenna is better at tracking and using satellites so a completely clear sky is not required. Does anyone have first-hand experience with it? It is outrageously expensive at $2,500.
    The new antenna just has a wider angle view of the sky. You will still need line of sight to be able to connect to satellites. Because it has a wider angle view of the sky, it is likely that some minor obstructions may interfere less, but I highly doubt it's worth the additional cost of equipment unless you absolutely needed the in motion capability.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123