User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These are two different threads here.
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 278BH (150)
    2022 Ford F-350 Lariat Godzilla SRW
    B&W Companion Ford OEM 20k with Turning Point

2019 Ram 2500 Big Horn 6.4 gas (SOLD)
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 21BHE (SOLD)

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ardvark16 View Post
    These are two different threads here.
    A bit confusing I agree.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So just a dumb question for the OP, ——-

Before you lift the 5er off the hitch are you ensuring both landing gear legs are approximately the same difference from the ground?

I have found a significant mismatch in distance from the ground will cause the shear pins, gear box or transmission bar (Square tube connecting motor side to passive leg) to break.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same. I am surprised the 28BH didn't deserve a place in the lineup, but I can see why it was easier to "move down" to the 150-series... smallest of the big or whatever.

I don't care for the 150-series because the tradeoffs (thinner walls and lighter weight) are VERY apparent when you walk into both. We were on the fence when we thought we'd be stuck with a SRW, but happily we were able to be very comfortable pulling our new-to-us 2018 28BH with the dually.
    2022 F-350 DRW PowerStroke Crew Cab
    2018 Reflection 28BH

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Easycamper View Post
    Nice find! I do like that bunkhouse layout better than the 278BH we just picked up on Friday. Much easier to make the beds. The tradeoff for me is that it’s missing the large exterior storage compartment under the double bed at the back. Sure can fit a lot in there.
    So is the outside door under the bunk just storage or a small outdoor kitchen?
    Timmer
    2020 Grand Design Reflection 312BHTS
    2015 Ford F350, 6.2L Gas, Crew Cab

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by obiewan View Post
    Same. I am surprised the 28BH didn't deserve a place in the lineup, but I can see why it was easier to "move down" to the 150-series... smallest of the big or whatever.

I don't care for the 150-series because the tradeoffs (thinner walls and lighter weight) are VERY apparent when you walk into both. We were on the fence when we thought we'd be stuck with a SRW, but happily we were able to be very comfortable pulling our new-to-us 2018 28BH with the dually.
    I went with floorplan first. I can’t say that I noticed a difference with the 150 series at all. I wouldn’t call it “VERY” anything. We wanted the old 28bh but they moved the the last floorplan which eliminated the back storage area. Honestly. The rear storage is the reason we went with the 278bh. I would love a bigger bunk room and wouldn’t be mad at a heavier gvwr but the rear storage is clutch. Grand Design needs to incorporate it into more models. Where exactly do people with 2 kids store all of their gear? This is a huge reason we may be looking into the Brinkley when they introduce their mid bunk.
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 278BH (150)
    2022 Ford F-350 Lariat Godzilla SRW
    B&W Companion Ford OEM 20k with Turning Point

2019 Ram 2500 Big Horn 6.4 gas (SOLD)
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 21BHE (SOLD)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmer View Post
    So is the outside door under the bunk just storage or a small outdoor kitchen?
    The outside compartment on the 298BH is a small flattop/griddle and small fridge. I think I am going to do away with the fridge once we take possession of ours since the meat locker inside should hold enough. Beverages usually go in a cooler.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitexc View Post
    The outside compartment on the 298BH is a small flattop/griddle and small fridge. I think I am going to do away with the fridge once we take possession of ours since the meat locker inside should hold enough. Beverages usually go in a cooler.
    From my perspective I can't imagine why any bunkhouse model would have a small outdoor kitchen. Bunkhouse = more people = more cramped inside space and reason to be outside, more beverages in the fridge, more cooking and eating supplies, etc. That would be a deal killer for me. Everyone is different. I guess that is why there are so many different models and configurations.
    Last edited by Timmer; 04-09-2023 at 07:16 AM.
    Timmer

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmer View Post
    From my perspective I can't imagine why any bunkhouse model would have a small outdoor kitchen. Bunkhouse = more people = more cramped inside space and reason to be outside, more beverages in the fridge, more cooking and eating supplies, etc. That would be a deal killer for me. Everyone is different. I guess that is why there are so many different models and configurations.
    "would have a small outdoor kitchen" Was that a typo, meant to be "wouldn't"?
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    "would have a small outdoor kitchen" Was that a typo, meant to be "wouldn't"?
    I understand your confusion, I should have added more context. The emphasis is on the word "small." I can't imagine why a bunkhouse would have a small one. Based on an earlier post, I assume this has a 1.6cu ft fridge as opposed to a larger 3-4 cu ft, no sink, no cupboards, etc. To me it seems counter-intuitive to the family style bunkhouse. That's just my opinion of course. To each their own.
    Last edited by Timmer; 04-09-2023 at 08:26 AM.
    Timmer

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast