User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ovens

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To help improve heat ditribution try putting a pizza stone on the bottom of the oven above the burner. Also be sure to pre heat for about half an hour. Still far from perfect but it does help quite a bit. Doing this maks it a little better, constant checking keeps dropping temps which aids in the uneven cooking. That said it still has to happen.. I check about 15 min intervals if it something that cooks long like a pot pie. For cookies I spin the cookie sheet about half way throuugh.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alias100 View Post
    Not the best oven you will ever use, but we have made cookies, rolls, baked potatoes and frozen pizza with decent results. Like others have said, having an oven thermometer will be helpful. We use a pizza stone to even out the heat, haven't had one explode yet. It heats up our trailer, a 22RBE, quite a bit.
    We discovered if you set the temperature to the desired level, say 350, it will go to 450-500 and then settle at the desired temperature every time. We use it often with good results. Not the oven we all have at home, but not bad.
    2021 GD solitude 310GK. Cooper roadmaster tires 17.5” w/ washer/dryer. Carry Honda 2200 for those emergencies. 2019 F250 Platinum longbed 6.7L,w/ ultimate tow pkg and airbags, 3.55 gear ratio, 48 gal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After spending a couple hours baking banana bread (sank in the middle), I did an online search and found some very informative articles about baking in RV ovens. I also use an oven thermometer now and set oven temp to 400+ if I need 350 degrees, always keeping an eye on the oven thermometer. I have successfully baked in my RV oven (Furrion) and will continue to do so now that I have figured it out. Location of oven thermometer is important.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have always used my oven in all our units. Some have been dometic, some suburban, my latest is the furrion. Except for the useless small size, I have had zero issues with it. Like others, I use a thermometer to check internal temperature, as I do at home, but can bake anything without issues.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wandering5thwheelers View Post
    I have always used my oven in all our units. Some have been dometic, some suburban, my latest is the furrion. Except for the useless small size, I have had zero issues with it. Like others, I use a thermometer to check internal temperature, as I do at home, but can bake anything without issues.
    It’s more of an art than a science, but doable, if you are not seeking perfection. I use a oven thermometer, which is hard to read through the door’s window, but I know that straight up and down = 350. Also, that Oven’s temp display is inaccurate. A display of about 420 = 350 in reality. Can’t get much more than 425 out of it. Must then use convection. Finally, when baking, e.g. cornbread, need to rotate 180 degrees half way through cooking time for even doneness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Solitude 384 GK-R
    2017 GMC 3500 HD Denali

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by docque View Post
    I have read mixed reviews on using them. Just wondering because I was thinking of making cookies, rolls, etc in it along with maybe fresh pizzas. Oh and my Wife likes cooking those frozen mac and cheese in a box.
    Wow. I’m surprised by the thumbs down vibe on ovens. We must be very lucky, as the Insignia oven in our Solitude is incredible. We’ve baked all sorts of things in it (baked Ziti, brownies, baked chicken, etc.) and the word “impressive” would be an understatement. We’re literally cooking with this thing, not just heating frozen foods. We can also easily place four medium to large pots on the cook top. Zero problems or significant limitations with this thing.

Our 2017 Imagine 2950RL had the Furrion, but we never really went all in on trying to do much because of its size limitations… though we did regularly bake chicken in it with much success.

Any other Insignia reviews based upon lived experience?

I’d post photos if I could figure out how.
    Cheesehead Travelers 🧀 2021 Solitude 390RK, 2021 RAM 3500 6.7 HO/Turbo Diesel
    Patty: Head Cheese
    Bobby: Cheese Whiz (USMC Veteran)
    Brooke (Yorkie): Cheez-it

Rolling Along
    Whatever state the landing gear sits upon (Texas c
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobile Mesa View Post
    Wow. I’m surprised by the thumbs down vibe on ovens. We must be very lucky, as the Insignia oven in our Solitude is incredible. We’ve baked all sorts of things in it (baked Ziti, brownies, baked chicken, etc.) and the word “impressive” would be an understatement. We’re literally cooking with this thing, not just heating frozen foods. We can also easily place four medium to large pots on the cook top. Zero problems or significant limitations with this thing.

Our 2017 Imagine 2950RL had the Furrion, but we never really went all in on trying to do much because of its size limitations… though we did regularly bake chicken in it with much success.

Any other Insignia reviews based upon lived experience?

I’d post photos if I could figure out how.
    I like my Insignia better than the expensive infrared convection oven I had in the sticks and bricks. It's the one thing that has worked flawlessly since day one in our lemon of a rig, lol. We've cooked more in this oven than our old house. No issues from cooking and baking to reheating.

Full-time Traveling Family ,'21 Momentum 395MS-R, '21 F450 King, 2000watts solar, Dual Victron MP-II 12/3000 2 x 120v, 1220ah LiFePo4

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Searched Oven
    and this is where it took me.
    I leaned on open oven door trying to light the pilot light. now it will not shut all the way. Seems to be sprung. I worked with the hinge for awhile and thought I had it. But now won't shut all the way.
    Does anyone have any ideas?

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like leaning on the door has slightly sprung the door itself. Try taking it off and see if you can square it up enough to close well. Those things are pretty flimsy.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What size of bakeware do you recommend for the oven in the Imagine XLS 21bhe?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast