Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ovens

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ovens

I have read mixed reviews on using them. Just wondering because I was thinking of making cookies, rolls, etc in it along with maybe fresh pizzas. Oh and my Wife likes cooking those frozen mac and cheese in a box.
    Upstate NY
    2022 Ford F150 with trailer tow package
    2022 Transcend Xplor 231rk
    2021 Shih Tzu Millie

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by docque View Post
    I have read mixed reviews on using them. Just wondering because I was thinking of making cookies, rolls, etc in it along with maybe fresh pizzas. Oh and my Wife likes cooking those frozen mac and cheese in a box.
    If you are going to do pizzas, you might want a pizza oven like this one: Camp Chef Italia Artisan Pizza Oven, Stainless Steel, 15 in. x 26 in. x 16 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IJWB230...JEHDZH4ACXJRNW.

The oven in most RVs aren't good for baking. We have been lucky with our Furrion oven. We can do biscuits pretty well. Haven't tried much of anything else, yet.
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonShadow_1911 View Post
    The oven in most RVs aren't good for baking. We have been lucky with our Furrion oven. We can do biscuits pretty well. Haven't tried much of anything else, yet.
    Same here.... wife likes to bake, and hates the Furrion oven. She says its hard to figure out how long to bake things with its inconsistencies. Suppose a thermometer (with lots of visual checks) would be a good tool to have on hand when using them.
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trailrydr View Post
    Same here.... wife likes to bake, and hates the Furrion oven. She says its hard to figure out how long to bake things with its inconsistencies. Suppose a thermometer would be a good tool to have on hand when using them.
    Yup, we have an oven thermometer in ours.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We found both the Suburban oven in our Reflection and the Furrion oven in our Solitude to be all but useless. Neither would heat evenly nor maintain a reliable, constant temperature. Items would come out part raw and part burned - even with expensive pizza stones in the oven (which kept exploding from the focused heat, anyway) We use the convection-microwave for everything that needs baking (does a great job with pizzas). In March, at my wife's behest, I pulled the Furrion oven and cooktop out of our Solitude and sold them. There is a True Induction RV cooktop waiting for us at the kids' house when we get there in a few weeks. It has one induction element and one gas burner (more than two pots won't fit on an RV cooktop, anyway). For now Laura is cooking on our portable induction unit and is perfectly happy. We will continue to use the convection microwave for everything we don't do on the induction unit or in the Instant Pot (which we use at least every other day for one thing or another).

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by docque View Post
    Not the best oven you will ever use, but we have made cookies, rolls, baked potatoes and frozen pizza with decent results. Like others have said, having an oven thermometer will be helpful. We use a pizza stone to even out the heat, haven't had one explode yet. It heats up our trailer, a 22RBE, quite a bit.
    2021 Imagine XLS 22RBE
    2021 Ram 2500 Hemi, Crew Cab Short Bed
    2-206 AH SOK Batteries, Victron MultiPlus 3000VA Inverter, 800 watts solar

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We use ours and as others have said, it isn't like baking at home. The biggest problem for us was getting the initial temp correct. For that, we use the infrared thermometer gun. We've found that as long as we get the starting temp correct and do not open the door, it bakes fairly evenly.
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbug View Post
    We use ours and as others have said, it isn't like baking at home. The biggest problem for us was getting the initial temp correct. For that, we use the infrared thermometer gun. We've found that as long as we get the starting temp correct and do not open the door, it bakes fairly evenly.
    LOL! I never even thought about using my temp gun! I use it to check the tires and hubs on the truck and camper. Dang! Nice find!

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree with the rest that for simple stuff works ok.
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok. Oven. Bad. For the most part.
    Upstate NY
    2022 Ford F150 with trailer tow package
    2022 Transcend Xplor 231rk
    2021 Shih Tzu Millie