User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RE: Interior TV Antenna - Hook-ups ???

I own a 2021 Reflection 315RLTS. Unknown if this information will be needed

Brief - I have three cable/antenna hook-ups. One is the main with booster button, second is in the bedroom, & third is outside.
    Problem - Main TV w/booster works fine, second TV if connected to booster also works fine. Neither TV will work at bedroom or outside connection.
    FYI - Booster is On for over the air antenna and TV's channels have been scanned each time.
    Tried w/booster on vs off, connect TV to cable vs satelite connection, & rescan TV each time.
    Result - Still same, No TV, just snow on screen (bedroom & outside only).

Bedroom has cable color is white & satelite is black. Outside box, cable color is white & satelite is purple. No tracer color in any white cables.
    Main box has three white wires and one orange all plugged into a mini circuit board. I am not concerned with my satelite conncetion.

Trying to find a schematic of TV antenna cabling, if not maybe someway to test & determine if the wires are run correctly without pulling my camper apart.
    Can anyone tell me if there is a way to test the circuit board and determine if it is bad, main connection of booster (antenna/cable)?
    Any suggestions or help would be appreciated. Thank-you in advance.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails TV-Cable-IntMain4.jpg   TV-Cable-Ext2.jpg   TV-Cable-Int2.jpg  
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS at 37ft 11in with hitch weight at 1065lbs - UVW at 9484lbs, CCC at 1811bs, for total GVWR at 11295lbs .
    Tow w/a 2021 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (3/4 ton) 6.6L 4x4 w/3.73 axle ratio - UVW 7132lbs, CCC 2868lbs, total GVWR 10000lbs, w/GCWR 24000lbs & Tow cap 14,500lbs

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My understanding is that there are three set-ups, one each for antenna, cable, and satellite. Can you do a continuity test to see which cables run to your bedroom? On my rig, the bedroom only has connections for cable and satellite, there's no connection with the built-in antenna. So booster or not, there wouldn't be any antenna signal in the bedroom. Next to the Nautilus controls, there are coax inputs for Cable, satellite, and aux/bedroom. While I don't have a TV in the bedroom, I'm assuming that if you want an antenna connection for the bedroom, you'll need to use one of those.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Seasoned Camper more tired since retired's Avatar
    southern Georgia, where gnats rule the world
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only suggestion I can offer is verify each connector is tight. I tested our bedroom cable was to take in a small tv and hook it up to both the antenna and satellite connections. Both cables worked, with clean pictures. The antenna runs off the main booster and the satellite feed had to be hook to the bedroom feed in the Nautilus. We only have a single receiver, so with our setup, we have to move the receiver to the bedroom.

You can contact GD customer service and ask them for support, but to be honest, there is no set coding for what color wires/cables go to what, with the exception 12v (white wire is ground/black is positive).
    2020 F-250 XLT SuperCrew 7.3L Blue Ox SwayPro, 2020 Imagine 2600RB,
    1600W Solar w/525AH LiFePO4, Victron 3000W, Road Armor w/wet bolt suspension, VisionWork Camera System, Peplink MAX BR1 Pro 5G Mobile Router,MicroAir EasyStart
    Amateur Radio Call N9XGZ FMCA#489460 Escapees SKP#166379

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundsailor View Post
    My understanding is that there are three set-ups, one each for antenna, cable, and satellite. Can you do a continuity test to see which cables run to your bedroom? On my rig, the bedroom only has connections for cable and satellite, there's no connection with the built-in antenna. So booster or not, there wouldn't be any antenna signal in the bedroom. Next to the Nautilus controls, there are coax inputs for Cable, satellite, and aux/bedroom. While I don't have a TV in the bedroom, I'm assuming that if you want an antenna connection for the bedroom, you'll need to use one of those.

After I posted I began to think and totally forgot about doing a continuity test or tone trace. That will be my job for tomorrow. Thank you for jogging my memory. My bedroom also has only a connection for cable or satelite. I do realize, I must scan my TV for either over the air (antenna) or cable while connected to the cable portion of the wall box. What is the NAUTILUS CONTROLS? Is that where the booster button is?
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS at 37ft 11in with hitch weight at 1065lbs - UVW at 9484lbs, CCC at 1811bs, for total GVWR at 11295lbs .
    Tow w/a 2021 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (3/4 ton) 6.6L 4x4 w/3.73 axle ratio - UVW 7132lbs, CCC 2868lbs, total GVWR 10000lbs, w/GCWR 24000lbs & Tow cap 14,500lbs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by more tired since retired View Post
    The only suggestion I can offer is verify each connector is tight. I tested our bedroom cable was to take in a small tv and hook it up to both the antenna and satellite connections. Both cables worked, with clean pictures. The antenna runs off the main booster and the satellite feed had to be hook to the bedroom feed in the Nautilus. We only have a single receiver, so with our setup, we have to move the receiver to the bedroom.

You can contact GD customer service and ask them for support, but to be honest, there is no set coding for what color wires/cables go to what, with the exception 12v (white wire is ground/black is positive).

Yep! First thing I did was to open up each box and check the connections for tightness. All good, unfortunately. Wish it were that easy. I did take a small TV and try it at main connection then bedroom and exterior. Worked fine at main connection in livingroom only. I am not familiar with the Nautilus. I asked the soundsailor for help on that. Thanks for your advice.
    I will check continuity of wire in morning.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Nautilus is where you plug your water hose in. In the basement storage. This may not match the unit you have, but it will give you an idea.

https://www.granddesignrv.com/sites/...Rev%208-16.pdf

There should be a section in your owner's manual explaining the specific unit in your rig.
    1600W Solar w/525AH LiFePO4, Victron 3000W, Road Armor w/wet bolt suspension, VisionWork Camera System, Peplink MAX BR1 Pro 5G Mobile Router,MicroAir EasyStart

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Soundsailor, you are correct. We have the 315rlts and was a bit dumbfounded as we faced the same issue with ours. My immediate solution was to take the input cable and ran that through a splitter. Then I ran a line into each cable and aux. the bedroom tv functioned correct after that.

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The antenna is connected direct to the booster. If you want to test the cable to the bedroom, disconnect both outputs from the booster and then tone them. If the cable is complete, you would see it in the bedroom terminal. It is also possible the wall port itself is bad.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken9xl View Post
    What is the NAUTILUS CONTROLS?
    This is what it looks like on my coach. This is in the driver's side of the pass-through.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20220525_124705625.MP.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	43.4 KB 
ID:	40809
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is what it looks like on my coach. This is in the driver's side of the pass-through.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20220525_124705625.MP.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	43.4 KB 
ID:	40809
    Yup, mine too. In use a splitter and run a cable into the living room and aux and the cable works fine in both rooms, but you have to connect both to cable. GD should have put a splitter behind the panel.
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast