Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trailrydr View Post
    Are you aware of any warranty related work or issues that was approved doing this swap?
    As @huntr70 said, it's not a swap. On our Reflection, I did swap out the pin box for a Demco Glide Ride dampened pin box and also used an Andersen Ultimate hitch (much-rumored to void warranties). During the time I was using that combination, we had the RV into the dealership several times for warranty issues (suspension though, not frame/chassis related) and nothing was ever said about the pin box or hitch.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    Sorry, I got the wrong pinbox. You would have to use the "Demco 6285" wedge to make it work on the Turning Point.

I was thinking about the new Rhino pinboxes that are coming on Solitude S Series and Momentums.
    I'm aware of the wedge, and I dislike that idea. I don't see how that stops the autoslider from working and I don't want to be out on the plains on a windy day discovering the two potential pivot points are going to give me a bad day. I ended up buying a regular Demco fifth plate to use with the turning point, which further frustrates me because I dislike having no options. They went out of their way to design something to force customers into their choice of a pin box and their proprietary solution. Great trailer ruined because of a marketing decision.
    April and Garland
    2022 Refection 150 226RK
    2000 F350 7.3 Dually

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaRvCouple View Post
    I'm aware of the wedge, and I dislike that idea. I don't see how that stops the autoslider from working and I don't want to be out on the plains on a windy day discovering the two potential pivot points are going to give me a bad day. I ended up buying a regular Demco fifth plate to use with the turning point, which further frustrates me because I dislike having no options. They went out of their way to design something to force customers into their choice of a pin box and their proprietary solution. Great trailer ruined because of a marketing decision.
    Well, I guess no one explained to you how the wedge world work.

When you use the wedge (or even your Demco as designed), you would leave the lock out bolts in the hitch so it doesn't pivot under the trailer.

You do the same thing on long bed trucks, where you don't need the Turning Point feature at all.

Wedges are used on all Pullrite SuperGlide applications with no issues.....
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12